Don't miss this:!
From the latest fashions, spa services and event planning to accessories, entertainment and food, local organizers will have it all on display from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 8, at the Anne Springs Greenway Dairy Barn. It's the First Annual Fort Mill Lifestyles and Bridal Expo. For more information, visit www.heraldbridalexpo.com
• Blood drive, 2-7 p.m., Thursday, March 5, at St. John's United Methodist Church, 130 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill.
• Children's consignment sale, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday and Saturday, March 5-6, at the Banks Street Gym, Fort Mill. Volunteers needed. For more information, call 803-374-6486.
• Get some barbecue, from the Indian Land VFD 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (as supplies last) Saturday, March 7. Pork and chicken plates and sandwiches with slaw, beans, fries and a roll for $7. Free sweet tea for dine-in orders. Plates will be sold at station at 185 Six Mile Creek Road (two miles south of Indian Land High School) and the Food Lion parking lot on Hwy. 521. Delivery for orders of 10 or more. Call 547-2747 or visit www.indianlandsc.org.
• Black and White Gala, in honor of the Animal Adoption League's black, white and tuxedo cats available for adoption 6-8 p.m. Saturday, March 7, at The Art Mill, 213 Main St., Fort Mill. Light hors d'oeuvres, beverages and music. For more information, send an e-mail to KristenLinnea@gmail.com.
• Join the drum circle, 7-9 p.m. Saturday, March 7, at BacInTyme Coffee Cafe, 124 Confederate St., Fort Mill. For more information, call 802-7155 or visit www.bacintyme.com.
• Casting call, for the Fort Mill Community Playhouse production of Eugene O'Neill's "Ah, Wilderness!" 6-8 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, March 9-10, at the playhouse, 615 Banks Street, Fort Mill. For more information, call 548-8102, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fortmillplayhouse.org.
• "Lions Stew," the Fort Mill Lions Club's annual fundraiser will be held 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, March 7, at the St. John's United Methodist Church parking on Tom Hall Street, Fort Mill. $6 per quart.
• "Same Time, Next Year", starring Melissa Steele of Fort Mill in the lead role, will be presented by the Rock Hill Community Theatre, 240 East Black St., Rock Hill. Visit www.rockhilltheatre.org or call 324-2578.
• Woodturning demo, at the Fort Mill Art Guild's monthly meeting 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 10, at The Art Mill, 213 Main St., Fort Mill. Local woodturner Raymond Overman shows how it's done. For more information, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Casting call for Miss South Carolina, the Miss South Carolina Organization is seeking talented singers. Submit a DVD or CD of themselves singing to by Friday, March 27, to: MISS SC CASTING CALL P.O. BOX 420 LIBERTY, SC 29657
• St. Patrick's Day festival and parade, 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 14, at Baxter Village in Fort Mill. Parade entries are being sought. Presented by Six Pence Pub and Lake Wylie Marina. Also at Baxter that day is the Second Annual Spring Fling festival lining Market Street. This year's celebration will include family activities, exhibitor booths, food and beverages, prizes and the parade. Booth space is still available and can be obtained by contacting Kost at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All you can eat oysters and barbecue, 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, March 14, at the ASC Greenway Field Trial Barn on Springfield Parkway. Live music and a silent auction. Benefits the award winning band programs at Fort Mill High School and Nation Ford High School. Tickets are $25 each. Call Jamie Medlin at 517-6572 or Michele Henderson at 548-1092.
• Shag dancers, here's what you've been waiting for: Intermediate Shag Lessons, taught by Roger and Angie Baker, start 6:30 p.m. Monday, March 16. You must have learned the basic beginner shag steps to take this class. The class runs for six weeks. $40 per person. Singles and couples welcome. Call 283-8090 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.