Don't miss this!
St. Patrick's Day parade and festivities 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 21, at Baxter Village in Fort Mill. This is the rain date for the event originally scheduled for March 14. Presented by Six Pence Pub. Also at Baxter the day is the Second Annual Spring Fling festival lining Market Street. This year's celebration will include family activities, exhibitor booths, food and beverages, prizes and the parade. Booth space is still available, and can be obtained by contacting Kost at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• First-time home buyer seminar, Learn everything you need to know about buying your first home in this program presented by First Citizens Bank 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 19, at the Fort Mill Public Library.
• Lunch and Learn, at the Fort Mill YMCA will be held 12:30 p.m. Thursday, March 19. This month's speaker will be Michelle Petty from Life Line Screenings. Find out if you are at risk for common diseases, including stroke, heart disease, diabetes and peripheral arterial disease. Free. The public is invited. Bring your lunch. Sides and drinks will be provided.
• Pokémon tournament, 9 a.m. Saturday, March 21, at Above Board Games in the Stockbridge Commons shopping center off Hwy. 160 West at Gold Hill Road, Fort Mill. Free.
• Ride/walk a thon, benefit for Dream Equine Therapy Center to rescue orphan nurse mare fouls. Noon Saturday, March 21, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway. Enter from the Field Trial Barn, 835 Springfield Pkwy. Cookout with DJ and raffle. $25 per person. For a pledge form, visit www.womenontheedgetrailriders.org/Home_Page.php.
• March Madness, Teens in grades six-12 can enjoy NCAA Basketball 2009 and other video games from 5-6:30 p.m. Monday, March 23. Call 547-4114 to register.
• The Magic of Music, runs until March 26 at the Fort Mill Public Library. Children in grades three to five can enjoy an afternoon of musical activities. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Registration for SurvYvor School, is going on now at the Fort Mill YMCA. If you are ready to ramp up your workout and get in the best shape of your life, then this is the class for you! Get ready to run tires, haul logs, climb walls and more. Class runs March 24-May 7.
• Get some barbecue, and help Girls on The Run 10 a.m. Friday, March 27, at Peachtree Plaza (Bi-Lo shopping center) on Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. $7 for plate and all the fixins, plus a cookie. Pre-order and arrange delivery for 10 or more plates. Call 802-7210 or visit www.gotrtricountysc.org.
• Peter Pan, performed by the Fort Mill High School Choral Department March 26-31 at the FMHS auditorium. Performances will be at 7 p.m. except for a 3 p.m. Sunday matinee. Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for students and can be purchased online until two days before the show for a small convenience fee. Tickets will also be available at the door the day of the show on a first-come, first-serve basis. The school is also collecting canned goods at the door for the Fort Mill Care Center. Pre-show children's parties available as well as a silent auction. For more information, visit www.fortmillchorus.com.
• The York County Library bookmobile, will be at the Tega Cay Community Center, 1 Molokai Drive, 1:45-2:30 p.m. Friday, March 27.
• Easter Beauty Pageant, to benefit local charities 10 a.m. Saturday, March 28, at The Plaza Hotel across from Carowinds, 225 Carowinds Boulevard, Fort Mill. For more information, call 803-554-5219 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Easter Musical, "I've Seen Jesus...Encountering the Risen Christ" 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, April 3-4 at Tega Cay Baptist Church. Free.
• Annual Spring Pick-Me-Up, sponsored by the Tega Cay Beautification Committee, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, March 28. Tega Cay volunteers will clean up various sites in the city. Volunteers should meet at the Pitcairn park at 9 a.m. for work locations. Volunteers need gloves, rakes, loppers, pruning shears, etc. Workers will be treated to a picnic lunch at the park between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m.