Don't miss this!
Deeper Shade of Blue will be hosting the fourth annual Hensley Farm Bluegrass Festival noon Saturday, April 4, at 1373 Hensley Rd., Fort Mill. Bring your lawn chairs and hear a variety of musical performances by Deeper Shade of Blue, Pinetuckett, Southern Junction, Chappell Road, R.C. Harris and Blue Denim surrounded by a beautiful country setting. Sit under the shade of the pecan trees and enjoy the food that Glenrock Baptist Church will have available as a fundraiser for its youth group. Adult tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the entrance. Children under 12 are free. A tent will be provided so the event can be held rain or shine. For directions, call Billy Hensley at 803-448-7828 or Brian Hinson at 704-283-2844.
• Easter Musical, "I've Seen Jesus...Encountering the Risen Christ" 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, April 3-4 at Tega Cay Baptist Church. Free.
• Blood Drive, 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, April 4, at the Tega Cay Fire Department, 5000 Tega Cay Drive. To make an appointment, log onto www.ncdonor.com/donate sponsor code: connor or call 704-972-4712.
• The Bookmobile, is visiting Tega Cay 1:45-2:30 p.m. Friday, April 10, at the Tega Cay Community Center, 1 Molokai Drive.
• Blood Drive, 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, April 11, at the Stockbridge Commons (Lowes Foods) shopping center located at the corner of Gold Hill Rd and Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. To make an appointment, visit www.ncdonor.com/donate code: lowesfoods.
• Earth Day on the Anne Springs Close Greenway, 10 a.m. Saturday, April 18. This year's theme is "Down by the Old Mill Stream" to celebrate the representation of Webb's Mill located on the Anne Springs Close Greenway just off of Steele Creek. Activities include horse rides, guided hikes along the greenway, sheep herding demonstrations, live music, face painting and much more. Call 548-7252.
• Preschool Story time, 10:30 a.m., Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3 to 5 year-olds and their caregivers.
• Fort Mill Art Guild classes, include drawing, watercolor, pastel and oil paintings and more. Visit www.fortmillartguild.com.
• Story time, 11 a.m. every Friday at SweeTreats on Market Street in Baxter Village.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. Call 803-285-1502.
• Guitar lessons, at the Leroy Springs Recreation Center. Start from the basics and build from there. $96/member, $106/nonmember; Four, one-hour sessions per month. Call 547-4575.
• Learn karate, for self defense, sport, fitness and fun at the Leroy Springs Recreation Center. Times vary.
• Fancy footwork, line and couples dancing lessons are available at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mondays. No registration necessary. Cost is $5 per session. Visit www.billandapril.com.
• The Mother Goose Rhyme Time, for ages 4-6 includes stories, rhymes, puppets and crafts at the Lancaster Public Library, 10-10:30 a.m. Mondays and 4-4:30 p.m. Thursdays. For details, call 803-285-1502.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. For details, call 803-285-1502.
• Paint pottery, at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex. All materials supplied. Come ready to paint, every Tuesday from 9 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 8 p.m. Call 547-4575.