Don't miss this!
The Barista Bash 6 p.m. Saturday, April 18, at BacInTyme Coffee Café, 124 Confederate Street, Fort Mill. Proceeds benefit the Empower Youths Summer Camp Program being resurrected by the Paradise Community in Fort Mill. Featured performers are Square Roots and the Americana duo of Angie Medlin and Tom Williams. $5 and a donation of nonperishable food for the Fort Mill Care Center. For more information, call 802-7155 or visit www.bacintyme.com.
• The Bookmobile, is visiting Tega Cay 1:45-2:30 p.m. Friday, April 10, at the Tega Cay Community Center, 1 Molokai Drive.
• Blood Drive, 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, April 11, at the Stockbridge Commons (Lowes Foods) shopping center located at the corner of Gold Hill Rd and Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. To make an appointment for this blood drive, www.ncdonor.com/donate: lowesfoods.
• Book clubs, at the Fort MIll Library. Adults invited to discuss "Red Tent" by Anita Diamant 1 p.m. Monday, April 20, and the Our Natural World Book Club will discuss "Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed" by Jared Diamond at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 14. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Earth Day on the Anne Springs Close Greenway, 10 a.m. Saturday, April 18. This year's theme is "Down by the Old Mill Stream" to celebrate the representation of Webb's Mill located on the Anne Springs Close Greenway just off of Steele Creek. Activities include horse rides, guided hikes along the greenway, sheep herding demonstrations, live music, face painting and much more. Call 548-7252.
• Springfest, the official Town of Fort Mill spring event, is in its second year at Walter Elisha Park, North White Street, Fort MIll, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, May 2. Live music, comedy and other entertainment, games, food, arts and crafts, drum circle and much more. Visit www.fortmillspringfest.com.
• Chair-ity, a creative and fun event at the Art Mill, 213 Main Street, Fort Mill, Saturday, May 16. Decorate a chair, stool, etc., that will be sold at silent auction. Prizes for winners. Everyone encouraged to enter. Family fun. For more information, call 548-3159 or visit www.fortmillartguild.com
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• Preschool Story time, 10:30 a.m., Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3 to 5 year-olds and their caregivers.
• Fort Mill Art Guild classes, include drawing, watercolor, pastel and oil paintings. Visit www.fortmillartguild.com.
• Story time, 11 a.m. every Friday at SweeTreats on Market Street in Baxter Village.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. For details, call 803-285-1502.
• Guitar lessons, at the Leroy Springs Recreation Center. Start from the basics and build from there. $96/member, $106/nonmember; Call 547-4575.
• Learn karate, for self defense, sport, fitness and fun at the Leroy Springs Recreation Center. Times vary.
• Fancy footwork, line and couples dancing lessons are available at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mondays. $5 per session. Visit www.billandapril.com.
• The Mother Goose Rhyme Time, for ages 4-6 includes stories, rhymes, puppets and crafts at the Lancaster Public Library, 10-10:30 a.m. Mondays and 4-4:30 p.m. Thursdays. Call 803-285-1502.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. Call 803-285-1502.
• Paint pottery, at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex. All materials supplied. Come ready to paint, every Tuesday from 9 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 8 p.m. Call 547-4575.