Don't miss this!
Chair-ity, a creative and fun event at the Art Mill, 213 Main Street, Fort Mill, Saturday, May 16. Decorate a chair, stool, etc., that will be sold at silent auction. Prizes for winners. Everyone encouraged to enter. Family fun. For more information, call 548-3159 or visit www.fortmillartguild.com
• Enjoy a fun afternoon, with a special dancing guest at a program for kids in grades three to five 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 13, at the Fort Mill Library. Free. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Concert, Zoar United Methodist Church, 13611 Zoar Road, will host a concert at 6 p.m. May 16 by Bluegrass Inspiration in the Family Life Center. Bluegrass Inspiration of Fort Mill offers an evening of Christian music. Everyone is welcome, and there is no admission fee; a love offering will be taken. Call 704-588-4058.
• St. Philip Neri's Italian Festival, kicks off 5 p.m. Thursday, May 14, with a "grown-ups evening out" at the church on Munn Road, Fort Mill, featuring live opera and homemade Italian dishes and more. A new event this year is a wine tasting presented by Festival partner Grapevine in the gated patio on Church grounds. Don't miss the "Italian Idol" talent finals May 16, from 1-3 pm. For more information, visit www.saintphilipneriitalianfest.org.
• Scrapbook and Stamp Day, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Saturday, May 16, in the Fort Mill Middle School Cafeteria, 200 Springfield Pkwy., Fort Mill. $15. All proceeds go to FMMS PTO. Free snacks and drinks. To register or for more information, send an e-mail to Peggy Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org or Terri Shappley at email@example.com.
• River Ramblers, will be at Landsford Canal 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, May 16. Geologist Irene Boland, natural history curator Steve Fields and historian Michael Scoggins will introduce participants to the natural and cultural history of the area. Must be 18 or older to participate due to van restrictions. $20 for Culture & Heritage Museums members, $25 for non-members. Register by contacting Barbara Ardrey at 981.9182 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Steve Fields at 329-2121 or email@example.com.
• Bluegrass and barbecue, 4-7 p.m. Saturday, May 16, in Cotton Alley, located just outside of the Center for the Arts, 121 East Main St., Rock Hill. $20 for Arts Council members and $25 for non-members (price includes a meal and two drink vouchers). For tickets, call 328-2787 or send an e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Student community concert, 3 p.m. Sunday, May 17, at First United Methodist Church 202 W. Gay Street Lancaster. Free.
• Book club for adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Discuss "Reading Lolita in Tehran" by Azar Nafisi 1 p.m. Monday, May 18. Call 547-4114 to register
• Free yoga and meditation classes 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays through May at The Gym on Main, 214 Main St., Fort Mill. Meditation follows yoga. Students can come to either or both. Call Liz Kriz at 803-230-5406 or visit www.timeforyoga.com.
• Catawba River Art Guild Exhibition, 7 a.m.-9 p.m. at BacInTyme Coffee Cafe, 124 Confederate St., Fort Mill, through June 10. Featured artists include Dianne Myers, Herb Dumaresq, Jean Wheeler and Jennifer Uhland. Call Tammy Steinberger at 802-7155
• Talent show, Sign up by Friday, May 22, for the third annual Thomas Fitzpatrick/Tega Cay Talent Show, which will be held Saturday, June 6, in the Gold Hill Elementary School Cafeteria. Proceeds will benefit the Greek family of Tega Cay. Sign up to perform in the show by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or calling Patty Fitzpatrick at 802-1838.
• Native American potter, Keith Brown to be featured at Bob Doster's Backstreet Studio 217 East Gay Street, Lancaster, 5-8 p.m. Friday, May 22. For more information, visit www.bobdoster.com, call Cherry Doster at 803-285-9190 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Safe boating course, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, May 23, at the Fort Mill Library. This class includes safe boating techniques, knots, aids to navigation and much more. contact Jim Van Blarcom, 548-5362 or email@example.com.