A list of fun things to do in our area
• Auditions, for two upcoming NarroWay Productions shows 6 p.m. Tuesday, at the theater, 3327 Hwy. 51, Fort Mill. Performers needed for “The Real Christmas Story” and “Wounded Warrior.” For information or to sign up, call the NarroWay office at 802-2300 or 704-831-8893
• Auditions, Carolina Voices, one of Charlotte’s largest volunteer choral arts organizations, will hold auditions for its three choirs: MainStage, Festival Singers, and Impromptu from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 18, 6:30 to 9 p.m. Aug. 21 and 6:30 to 9 p.m. Aug. 27, in Berry Hall at Myers Park Baptist Church, 1900 Queens Road, Charlotte. Go to www.carolinavoices.org/auditions or call 704-374-1564.
• Free garden class, 6:45 p.m. Monday, Aug. 27, hosted by the Tega Cay Beautification Committee at the Glennon Community Center, 1 Molokai Drive, Tega Cay. Everyone is invited no matter where they reside. This month’s topic will be how to select and install ideal trees and shrubs for the home landscape. The speaker will be Dave Powell, a Board Certified Master Arborist from Bartlett Tree Experts. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, call Kline at 548-4113 or e-mail Jennifer at email@example.com.
• Memory Lane Cruisers, Car Club is having a cruise in 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 30, in the K-Mart parking lot on North Main Street in Lancaster. All cars, trucks, motorcycles and tractors are welcome. There will be door prizes for those with vehicles registered, a 50/50 drawing, music and cornhole games. There is no cost for registration. Spectators welcome.
• Pageant, Sept. 9 Little Miss - Teen Miss Fort Mill & Tega Cay, a preliminary pageant for Little Miss – Teen Miss South Carolina. Open to girls ages 2-19 who are residents of South Carolina. For details and an application, email FtMillPageant@aol.com or stop by Elite Repeats Consignment & Boutique in the Walmart shopping center by Verizon in Tega Cay on Hwy. 160 West. Applications also available at www.FortMillPageant.com.
• Celebrate Van Wyck Day Festival, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8, at the Community Center at 5036 Old Hickory Road at the intersection of Hwy. 75/Rebound Road in Van Wyck . This event is family oriented with good clean fun, live entertainment, arts and crafts, business and travel show, train rides on the Van Wyck Express, pony rides, gem mining at the Van Wyck Mining Co. Lots of food and more. Vendors and those seeking more information can contact Ollie Bass at 803-286-9022 or 803-320-1099 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds generated will be used for special projects and operating expense of the Van Wyck Community Center.