DON’T MISS THIS!
• Minute to Win It Olympics, teens in grades 6-12 will use everyday objects to complete a challenge in 60 seconds or less for prizes, 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 25, at the Fort Mill Library. Call 547- 4114 to register.
• Our Natural World Book Club for Adults, Join in the discussion of books that relate food to the natural world 3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20. the book is “Blackberry Wine” by Joanne Harris. Call 547-4114 to register and reserve a copy of the book.
• Yard sale, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21, and 7 a.m. to noon Saturday, Sept. 22, at Tega Cay Baptist Church, 1875 Gold Hill Rd., Fort Mill. Proceeds go to buy supplies for mission trips to Honduras.
• BBQ & Bluegrass, the annual festival returns to the Anne Springs Close Greenway Dairy Barn, 288 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill, for two-days of food and music beginning at 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21, with a dessert contest and sampling for visitors, as cook teams begin their overnight vigil preparing their barbecue sensations for Saturday’s contest and tastings. Music by The Hinson Girls and many others. Admission is $5 Friday and $10 Saturday (10 tasting tickets. $5 for music only. The deadline for cook teams to register is Sept. 17 by calling 547-1010. For more, go to: www.ascgreenway.com.
• Charity Golf Tournament, to benefit the Humane Society of York County Saturday, Sept. 22, at the Tega Cay Golf Club. Register at http://www.humanesocietyofyorkcounty.org/events/charity-golf-tournament.
• Exalt! Vocal Talent Showcase, 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 23, presented by Motivations Ministries at the Halton Theater in Charlotte. Proceeds used to help people with unexpected and catastrophic medical bills. For tickets, call 704-330-6534 or go to http://tix.cpcc.edu.
• Pageant, Sept. 23, Little Miss-Teen Miss Fort Mill & Tega Cay, a preliminary pageant for Little Miss-Teen Miss South Carolina. Open to girls ages 2-19 who are residents of South Carolina. For details and an application, email FtMillPageant@aol.com or stop by Elite Repeats Consignment & Boutique in the Walmart shopping center by Verizon in Tega Cay on Hwy. 160 West. Applications also available at www.FortMillPageant.com.
• Learn about herbs, at 6:45 Monday, Sept. 24, at the Glennon Community Center, 15083 Molokai Drive, Tega Cay. The speaker is Sandie Fenton, a York County Master Gardener. Light refreshments will be served. Free. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
• Cat crazy, The Animal Adoption League (www.mynextpet.com) will be holding a special series of cat adoption events in the Tega Cay area every Saturday 2-5 p.m. These events will be held at their temporary “cat house” located in the Crossroads Shopping Center located at the intersection of Hwy 160 and Gold Hill Road, directly behind Bojangles’. Just look for the little white and blue building with the AAL van parked in front.
• Additionally, AAL is showing cats at Chirp ’n Chatter, also in Crossroads Plaza, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. daily through September.
• DogGone Good Time Festival, Saturday, Sept. 29, at Walter Y. Elisha Park in downtown Fort Mill. Fundraiser for the Humane Society of York County. Sponsors and vendors welcome. For more, go to www.humanesocietyofyorkcounty.org and search “events.”
• Beaty Barn Bash, 6 -? Saturday, Sept. 29, at the Beaty Barn, 3102 Pinetuck Lane, Rock Hill. Enjoy a Low County boil, live music by the Oneppo Brothers, cash bar, silent auction. Proceeds to benefit York County Animals spay neuter outreach programs and rescue. Admission is $18 person., $30/couple. Get tickets from the Animal Supply House in Rock Hill, go to www.ProjectSafePet.com or call 389-8858.
• Author Charlie Burnette holds a book signing 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 25, at the Friends of the Del Webb Library at Indian Land, 7641 Charlotte Highway.
Jam Night, 7-9:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct.4, at the Van Wyck Community Center. Everybody is invited to come to jam, sing, or just listen. Hot, homemade food for sale. For more information, call Ollie at 803-286-9022.
• Cruise-in, 5 to 8 Saturday, Oct. 13, at Fort Mill BBQ Co., corner of Gold Hill Road and Hwy. 160 West (Stockbridge Commons), Fort Mill. Food and drink specials, free hot dogs and cookies for kids 10 and younger, door prizes and lots of cool cars.
• The Fort Mill VFW is serving breakfast, 8-11 a.m. the second Sunday of each month. Breakfast includes pancakes, bacon, sausage and coffee for $6 and is open to the public. The VFW is located at 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. For information, call 803-547-5480 or go to www.vfw9138.org.
• Salsa Night, begins 7 p.m. Fridays at Sayago’s on Market Street in Baxter Village, Fort Mill. Music, food and more.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 803-548-7252.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. For details, call 803-285-1502.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. or Wednesdays at 10 and 11 a.m. No registration is required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 803-324-2356 or go to www.theballroomdanceclub.com
• Once Upon a Lap, Stories, songs, activities and play time for infants and their caregivers will be held at 10 a.m. Mondays at 10 a.m. for pre-walkers (up to 12 months old) and at 11 a.m. for walkers (13 to 24 months old). Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• Carolina Pilates, offers free Pilates mat classes on the second Saturday of every month at 9 a.m. Space is limited. To reserve a spot, call Terry at 548-8775.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for non-members. Call 704-899-5000.
• Summer reading, for adults is encouraged at the Fort Mill Public Library. After reading or listening to three books, adults will be entered into drawings for prizes from local businesses. For details, visit www.yclibrary.org or call the library at 803-547-4114.
• Teen Summer Reading Club, for rising sixth-12th graders. The club has an arts theme, “Express Yourself at your Library.” After reading a total of 15 hours, teens will be eligible to enter drawings for prizes from Woody’s Music, GameStop, Best Buy and more. For details, visit www.yclibrary.org or call 803-547-4114.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.