A list of fun things to do in our area
DON’T MISS THIS!
• The Sun City Art Festival will be held 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Sun City Carolina Lakes on Hwy. 521 in Indian Land. Fine art, crafts and more. For more information, call 803-547-8858.
• Funny – and a Little-Bit Scary, Halloween stories, crafts and games stories for kids in kindergarten to grade two, 3:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Fort Mill Library. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• Expect Lots of love and laughs, in Neil Simon’s hit romantic comedy “Barefoot in the Park” presented by Nation Ford High School Oct. 18-20. Showtime is 7:30 p.m. Standard ticket is $10, $8 for student. Friday night is “student” rush – all students get in for $5. Purchase at the door.
• Oktoberfest, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at St. John’s United Methodist Church, 130 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill. Hosted by United Methodist Women and United Methodist Men: bake sale, stew sale (eat in/take out), BBQ, hot dogs, vendors, silent auction, children’s activities, crafts, pumpkins. Free admission.
• Weiner Dog Races, 6 p.m. Saturday at Oktoberfest on East Main Street, Old Town Rock Hill. Proceeds benefit the Humane Society of York County. Pre-register online at humanesocietyofyorkcounty.org.
• Learn all about camellias, 6:45 p.m. Monday at the Glennon Community Center, 15083 Molokai Drive, Tega Cay, hosted by the Beautification Committee. Frank Rubbo of the N.C. Camellia Society will discuss camellia types, soil requirements, propagation, and pruning. Everyone is invited. Light refreshments will be served. Free. For more information, email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fall family fun, The Anne Springs Close Greenway in Fort Mill will host its annual Fall Festival 10 a.m.-10 p.m. each weekend through the end of October. Horse and wagon rides, a corn maze and haunted corn field and a pick-your-own pumpkin patch. Admission is $10 for greenway members and $12 for nonmembers. For more information, go to www.ascgreenway.com.
• Cat crazy, The Animal Adoption League ( www.mynextpet.com) will hold a special series of cat adoption events in the Tega Cay area 2-5 p.m. Saturday. These events will be held at their temporary “cat house” in the Crossroads Shopping Center at the intersection of Hwy. 160 and Gold Hill Road, behind Bojangles’. Look for the little white and blue building with the AAL van parked in front.
• Auditions, for Nutcracker in a Nutshell. The Yorkville Players will audition children, ages 7-11, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, at the Sylvia Theater in York. For more information, call or email Jill Neff at 803-372-2433 or email@example.com.
• Pickleball Tournament, a two-day event begins Oct. 26 at Sun City Carolina lakes in Indian Land. Proceeds will be donated to Hope For The Warriors. Teams welcome to compete. For more information, call Sharon MacKenzie at 434-688-1775.
• The annual Tega Cay Fall Festival, will be held Oct. 27 at the Glennon Center. Entertainment, games and the Halloween costume contest for kids, hay rides, much more.
• 3rd Annual Dog Howl’oween Celebration and Costume Contest, 1 p.m. -3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 28, at the Humane Society of York County. 50/50 raffle, costume contest and prizes, tricks and lots of treats. The Humane Society of York County respectfully asks that only well-behaved, up-to-date on shots, and leashed canines be brought to the event.
• Kids costume contest, treats, music and family fun at the annual Fort Mill Fall Festival 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31, on Main Street. Businesses that want to set up a table can call Brown Simpson at 547-2273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 3rd Annual HSYC/ Daimler Trucks Charity and Adoption Event, 8:30 a.m. -11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 31, at the Humane Society of York County. Cat and kitten adoption fees $70 during the month of October.
• Youth Night, 6:30 pm. Wednesday, Nov. 28, at The NarroWay Theatre. There will be a live DJ with fun games and music prior to the approximately one hour show. Teen tickets are $10 and include free popcorn and soft drink. One youth leader will be admitted free with a group of 15 or more.