A list of fun things to do in our area
DON’T MISS THIS!
• Kids costume contest, treats, music and family fun at the annual Fort Mill Fall Festival 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31, on Main Street.
• 3rd Annual HSYC/ Daimler Trucks Charity and Adoption Event, 8:30 a.m. -11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 31, at the Humane Society of York County. Cat and kitten adoption fees $70 during the month of October.
• Kitty Wilson-Evans, will portray in a first-person interpretation Kissie, a slave during the Civil War, 10:30 a.m. Thursday at The Four Seasons at Gold Hill. The public is invited.
• Minor bulbs, gardeners who would like to expand their bulb repertoire beyond daffodils and tulips, are invited to the next First Friday in the Garden at 11 a.m. Friday at the Glencairn Garden Learning Center, 835 Edgemont Ave., Rock Hill. Paul Thompson, Clemson Extension Service agent, will be the presenter. First Friday in the Garden is a public service of the Master Gardeners of York County, Clemson Extension Service and the Rock Hill Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department.
• Giant yard sale, 8 a.m. to noon at St. John’s United Methodist Church in the Fellowship Hall, 130 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill. All proceeds benefit the Nation Ford High School Football program. Furniture, children’s toys and games, home decorations and much more, Rain or shine.
• Fort Mill High School Dance Team Invitational, 1 p.m. Saturday. High school dance teams from North and South Carolina will be competing. $5.
• Zumbathon Glow Party for United Way of Lancaster County, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Saturday at Indian Land Middle School. Tickets $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Come dressed in white or fluorescent clothing. Proceeds benefit United Way of Lancaster County.
• Osceola UMC BBQ fundraiser, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. The prices are $8 for a pound of pork, $8 for a pork or chicken plate, chicken half (meat only) for $5. Eat in or take out. The church is located at 6575 Charlotte Hwy, just south of Indian Land. Call 803-417-2258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Youth Night, 6:30 pm. Wednesday, Nov. 28, at The NarroWay Theatre. There will be a live DJ with fun games and music prior to the approximately one hour show. Teen tickets are $10 and include free popcorn and soft drink. One youth leader will be admitted free with a group of 15 or more.
• The Fort Mill Christmas Parade, is Saturday, Dec. 1, in downtown Fort Mill starting at 11 a.m. Anyone interested in placing a entry in the parade needs to download an application which can be found at www.fortmillsc.gov. Call 547-2273 or email Brown Simpson, Parks & Recreation Director at email@example.com.
• The Fort Mill VFW is serving breakfast, 8-11 a.m. the second Sunday of each month. Breakfast includes pancakes, bacon, sausage and coffee for $6. Open to the public. Call 547-5480.