A list of fun things to do in our area
DON’T MISS THIS!
• Spaghetti dinner and Ballantyne Brass Quintet concert, fundraiser 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Philadelphia United Methodist Church on Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. Donation requested for dinner with the proceeds helping fund a mission trip to Kenya.
• Native American Heritage, Learn about the Native Americans who helped the Pilgrims and celebrated the first Thanksgiving 3:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Fort Mill Library. For kids in kindergarten to second grade. Call 547- 4114 to register.
• “ Sanders Family Christmas,” at Fort Mill Community Playhouse runs 7:30 p.m. Nov. 8-10 and 15-17, and 3 p.m. Nov. 11 and 18. Tickets are $15 for adults, $13 for students/seniors., and can be purchased online at fortmillplayhouse.org or at The Crossings, 102 Academy St. For more information, call 548-8102.
• Osceola UMC BBQ fundraiser, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. The prices are $8 for a pound of pork, $8 for a pork or chicken plate, chicken half (meat only) for $5. Eat in or take out. The church is located at 6575 Charlotte Hwy, just south of Indian Land. Call 803-417-2258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Veterans Day Clam Bake, 2-5 p.m. Saturday. The Ancient Order of Hibernians is sponsoring a clam bake at the Fort Mill VFW with clam chowder, salt and pepper catfish, mussels, cole slaw and French fries. Tickets are $10 each and only 150 plates will be served. Proceeds will benefit local domestic violence programs.
• Help plant bulbs, the Tega Cay Beautification Committee will have a workday at the Living Memorial Gardens dedicated to U.S. Veterans 9-11 a.m. Tuesday, Nov 13. New members and workers are needed. For more information, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org , or call 704-287-7432.
• Cat crazy, The Animal Adoption League ( www.mynextpet.com) will hold a special series of cat adoption events in the Tega Cay area 2-5 p.m. Saturday. These events will be held at their temporary “cat house” in the Crossroads Shopping Center at the intersection of Hwy. 160 and Gold Hill Road, behind Bojangle’s. Look for the little white and blue building with the AAL van parked in front.
• Additionally, AAL is showing cats at Chirp ’n Chatter, also in Crossroads Plaza, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. daily through September.
• Miss Indian Land High Pageant, 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, in the ILHS gymnasium. Admission is $5. proceeds go to a scholarship for the winner and to help fund the prom in April..
• Low Country shrimp boil, 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16, at the Fort Mill Moose Lodge. Peel and eat shrimp, Polish sausage, corn on the cob and potatoes. $10 a plate. All welcome.
• Horse show, 9:30 a.m. Saturday at the Anne Springs Close Greenway horse arena, 1300 Hwy. 21, Fort Mill. Barbecue and other refreshments. Same-day registration is $8 per horse per class. Free for spectators. Call 548-7252 or go to www.ascgreenway.org.
• Youth Night, 6:30 pm. Wednesday, Nov. 28, at The NarroWay Theatre. There will be a live DJ with fun games and music prior to the approximately one hour show. Teen tickets are $10 and include free popcorn and soft drink. One youth leader will be admitted free with a group of 15 or more.
• The Fort Mill Christmas Parade, is Saturday, Dec. 1, in downtown Fort Mill starting at 11 a.m. Anyone interested in placing a entry in the parade needs to download an application which can be found at www.fortmillsc.gov. Call 547-2273 or email Brown Simpson, Parks & Recreation Director at email@example.com.
• The Fort Mill VFW is serving breakfast, 8-11 a.m. the second Sunday of each month. Breakfast includes pancakes, bacon, sausage and coffee for $6 and is open to the public. The VFW is located at 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. For information, call 803-547-5480 or go to www.vfw9138.org.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. For details, call 803-285-1502.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. or Wednesdays at 10 and 11 a.m. No registration is required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 803-324-2356. .
• Once Upon a Lap, Stories, songs, activities and play time for infants and their caregivers will be held at 10 a.m. Mondays at 10 a.m. for pre-walkers (up to 12 months old) and at 11 a.m. for walkers (13 to 24 months old). Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.