A list of fun things to do in our area
DONT MISS THIS!
• Oyster roast, the Nation Ford High School Band Booster Club will hold its Fall Oyster Roast and BBQ fundraiser 5-8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 24, at the Field Trial Barn on the Anne Springs Close Greenway in Fort Mill. $30 for all you can eat. For tickets, see any band member or booster or email jamie.medlin@ResoluteFP.com.
• Winter Wonderland Crafts Show, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at the Anne Springs Close Greenway Dairy Barn. More than 50 vendors, candy cane hunt, Mrs. Claus and more. Register for the hunt by calling 547-4575.
• Free garden class, 6:45 p.m. Monday, in the lower level meeting room of the Glennon Community Center at 15083 Molokai Drive, Tega Cay. Learn how to create ideal habitats for birds such as song birds and hummingbirds. Everyone is invited no matter where they reside. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Youth Night, 6:30 pm. Wednesday, Nov. 28, at The NarroWay Theatre. There will be a live DJ with fun games and music prior to the approximately one hour show. Teen tickets are $10 and include free popcorn and soft drink. One youth leader will be admitted free with a group of 15 or more.
• Gingerbread House contest, drop off 4:30-5:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, in the lower level of the Glennon Community Center in Tega Cay. The entries can be simple or detailed and will be judged on use of candy, creativity, and overall appearance. Open to the public and the winners will be announced after the tree lighting 6 p.m.-8 p.m., at the Glennon Center. For more information, contact Donna Britsch at email@example.com or at 803-230-2403 or go to www.tegacaysc.org.
• Holiday Fair, noon to 5 p.m. Dec. 1 at Fort Mill High School. More than 40 professional vendors and crafters selling items ranging from hand sewn apparel to homemade pottery. Baked goods, candles, and hand crafted jewelry. Pictures can be taken with Santa for $2. Babysitting is available while you shop for $5 an hour. Babysitting is also available for parents who have errands or shopping to do in other locations, for $7 an hour.
• The Fort Mill Christmas Parade, is Saturday, Dec. 1, in downtown Fort Mill starting at 11 a.m. Anyone interested in placing a entry in the parade needs to download an application which can be found at www.fortmillsc.gov. Call 547-2273 or email Brown Simpson, Parks & Recreation Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Town of Fort Mill Christmas tree lighting, and holiday kick-off, 7 p.m. Nov. 29, at Confederate Park on Main Street in Fort Mill. Riverview and Sugar Creek Elementary School choruses will perform and Santa Claus will make a special appearance.
Tega Cay holiday tree lighting, 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Dec. 4, at the Glennon Center, 15077 Molokai Drive. There will be arts and crafts, plus Santa Claus will make an appearance.
• Arbor Day celebration, 1 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7, at the Living Memorial Gardens in Tega Cay. A tree will be planted in grateful appreciation to first responders and their families everywhere, and particularly local police, firefighters and paramedic. Refreshments after the program. For more information, email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 704-287-7432.
• Van Wyck Christmas parade, noon Saturday, Dec. 8, starting at the Post office and continuing up Old Hickory Road to the community center. Santa and Mrs. Santa will stop in at the community center to meet and talk with all the little ones. To participate, apply by Dec. 7 by contacting Ollie Bass at 803-286-9022 or 803-320-1099 email@example.com.
• Winter Wonderful, hosted by the Charlotte Knights 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 8 at Knights Stadium off Gold Hill Road, Fort Mill. The event will feature a toy and coat drive, a tree lot for fans interested in purchasing that special tree, arts and crafts for children, face painting, holiday music and an appearance by Santa Claus. Fans are asked to enter through the picnic area gate located in Lot 6.
• I n Dulci Jubilo: A Mosaic of Choral Masterworks and Contemporary Classics to Celebrate the Holiday Season, 4 p.m. Dec. 9 in Byrnes Auditorium on the Winthrop University campus in Rock Hill. Free parking. Tickets: $20 General Admission, $15 Seniors age 65 + and Winthrop Faculty with ID, $5 Students, Free to Winthrop Students with ID. For more information, go to yorkcountychoralsociety.org.
• Crafts, vendors, silent auction and more, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 15 at Glenrock Baptist Church in Fort Mill. Proceeds will help the church buy a new van. The church is located at 1815 Dobys Bridge Rd. For more information, call 547-6420 or go to glenrockbaptistchurch.org.