A list of fun things to do in our area
DON’T MISS THIS!
• The Fort Mill Community Playhouse, 615 Banks St., will be performing “Hallelujah Girls” for one more week. Patrons will enjoy an enhanced theater experience with new riser seating. Tickets are $15 for adults and $13 for students and people over 65. Go to fortmillplayhouse.org or call 548-8102. Tickets can also be purchased at Crossings on Main with cash or check.
• Savvy Social Security Planning, 6 p.m. Thursday at the Baxter Library in Fort Mill. Presented by the President and CEO and Investment Advisor Representative of Family Wealth Management, this free presentation will reveal “what Baby Boomers need to know to maximize their retirement income.” For more information, call 877-904-9880.
• Jazz Night, The Fort Mill History Museum, 310 N. White St., hosts the Fort Mill High School Jazz band 7-8 p.m. Thursday. Tickets are $15. Limited seating. Call 802-3646 or email info@FortMillHistoryMuseum.org.
• Edible Landscapes, Want a yard good enough to eat? Edible Landscapes is the topic for March’s First Friday in the Garden 11 a.m. Friday. Paul Thompson, Clemson Extension Service agent, will be the speaker for the free educational program at the Glencairn Garden Learning Center, 835 Edgemont Ave., Rock Hill.
• Pancake breakfast and attic sale, 7 a.m.-noon Saturday hosted by the Fort Mill Community Optimist Club at Jerusalem Community Life Center, 1003 Steele St., Fort Mill. Pancakes served until 10 a.m. Cot is $5. If you would like to rent a table the cost is $10; It’s $25 for a booth.
• Nia White Belt Training, March 2-8 at the Bailiwyck Clubhouse in Fort Mill. Be part of this sensation-rich week of self-discovery. All ages, fitness levels and experience welcome. Facilitated by Nia Black Belt Trainer Stephaney Robinson. To register or for more information, go to movewithkat.com or contact Kat Mansfield at 980-475-2194 or email@example.com.
• Projecting Hope Film Festival, three days of faith-based, family-friendly films March 8-10 at the Ayrsley Grand Cinemas. All shows are free. Go to projectinghopecharlotte.com for show times.
• Docent training, 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, March 9, at the History Museum of Fort Mill, 310 N. White St. Call 802-3646 or email Info@FortMillHistoryMuseum.org.
• The Final Quest 5K will be held 9 a.m. Saturday, March 9, in Regent Park, beginning at the Comenius School for Creative Leadership. Age group runners can register for $20 and virtual runners can register for $25; all registrants receive an event t-shirt. Registration ends March 8 at 12 p.m. All proceeds benefit students at the Comenius School for Creative Leadership and their mission trips to the Philippines and Israel. For more information and to register, go to www.TheFinalQuest5K.com.
• The Catawba Master Naturalist Program, begins March 12 at the Anne Springs Close Greenway in Fort Mill. This is a 12-week program that includes field trips to various nature sites in the region. Classes are Tuesdays 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The cost is $600 and covers all materials and expenses. Registration required. Call 548-7255 or go to ascgreenway.org.
• Easter Eggstravaganza, 1-4 p.m. Saturday, March 30, in Walter Elisha Park. Inflatables, face painting , egg hunt and music. Free. In case of inclement weather, the event will take place at The Point (Old Bobcats Training Facility) next to Knight’s Castle off Gold Hill Road. For more information, call 547-2273.
• Ballroom dance classes, 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays through April 30, Lake Wylie YMCA, 4036 Charlotte Hwy. Dances include Rumba, Cha Cha, Mumbo, Salsa, Waltz, Foxtrot, Merengue, Bolero, Tango and Shag. You do not have to be a member of the Y to join. Cost is $10 per person per night. 803-831-1888.
• The Fort Mill VFW is serving breakfast, 8-11 a.m. the second Sunday of each month. Breakfast costs $6 and includes pancakes, bacon, sausage and coffee and is open to the public. The VFW is located at 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. For information, call 547-5480 or go to www.vfw9138.org.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.