A list of fun things to do in our area
DON’T MISS THIS!
• Easter Eggstravaganza, 1-4 p.m. Saturday in Walter Elisha Park. Inflatables, face painting , egg hunt and music. Free. In case of inclement weather, the event will take place at The Point (Old Bobcats Training Facility) next to Knight’s Castle off Gold Hill Road. For more information, call 547-2273.
• The Memory Lane Cruisers of Lancaster, hold their first cruise-in of the year Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. in the parking lot of Dominos/Curves/Energy Center/Barry’s Classic Grill on Hwy. 9 Bypass East in Lancaster. All cars, truck, motorcycles and tractors are invited. There will be door prizes for entrants, 50/50 drawing and games.
• Learn how to make your garden a butterfly magnet, 11 a.m. Friday, April 5, when Paul Thompson, Clemson Extension Service agent, will be the speaker for the free program at the Glencairn Garden Learning Center, 835 Edgemont Ave., Rock Hill.
• Annual Hop for the Shot Photo Shoot, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, April 6, at BowZee WowZee on Massey Street in Fort Mill. Professional dog photos will be taken for $20, $10 for each additional dog. Only cash and checks will be accepted and all proceeds benefit the Humane Society of York County. For more information, go to www.humane societyofyorkcounty.org.
• The Tega Cay Beautification Committee, will hold a work day at the Living Memorial Gardens on 9 a.m. Monday, April, 8 at 9 am. Workers and new members needed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kline at 704-287-7432.
• Philadelphia United Methodist Church Family Night at Bruster’s, 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, April 9, at Bruster’s on Hwy. 160. Tips, donations, and percentage of the sales will benefit the Philadelphia UMC Kenya Mission Trip.
• Softball Tournament Fundraiser, Friday and Saturday, April 12-13, at Leroy Springs Complex. Men and women’s teams can register for $175; all money goes to the Philadelphia United Methodist Church Kenya Mission Trip. To register, contact Cindi Cahaly at 803-493-5440.
• Italian Idol auditions, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, April 13, at the St. Philip Neri Parish Center, Fort Mill. For more information, go to www.SPNitalianfestival.org.
• Bike/Classic Auto Poker Run, to benefit Operation Homefront 11 a.m. Wednesday, April 13, starting at the Fort Mill VFW. Cost is $15 a person/$25 a couple. After the run enjoy dinner and live music at the VFW. For more information, go to www.operationhomefront.net.
• Spring Fling, Saturday, April 20, a Mothers and Fathers Day event at PAWsibilities Thrift Shop, 4114 Carolina Place Drive, Fort Mill. Refreshments and door prizes.
• Underexposed Film Series presents “My Man Godfrey,” 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 20, at the Community Performance Center on Main Street in Rock Hill. “My Man Godfrey,” a comedy and romance from 1936, will last 94 minutes and is rated G for all audiences. Tickets are $6 per person, and may be purchased at www.york countyarts.org, through the Arts Council’s box office at 803-328- 2787, or at the door night of the screening. Doors open at 7 p.m.
• The Taste of Fort Mill, 2013 is a premiere event highlighting the culinary diversity of local purveyor of food & wine, for charity. Proceeds from the event support The Palmetto School, a nonprofit organization. April 26,7-11 pm at Springfield Golf course Pavilion, rain or shine.