DON’T MISS THIS!
• Learn how to make your garden a butterfly magnet, 11 a.m. Friday, April 5, when Paul Thompson, Clemson Extension Service agent, will be the speaker for the free educational program at the Glencairn Garden Learning Center, 835 Edgemont Ave., Rock Hill.
• Annual Hop for the Shot Photo Shoot, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, April 6, at BowZee WowZee on Massey Street in Fort Mill. Professional dog photos will be taken for $20, $10 for each additional dog. Only cash and checks will be accepted and all proceeds benefit the Humane Society of York County. For more information, go to www.humanesocietyofyorkcounty.org.
• The Tega Cay Beautification Committee, will hold a work day at the Living Memorial Gardens on 9 a.m. Monday, April, 8 at 9 am. Workers and new members needed. Email email@example.com or call Kline at 704-287-7432.
• Philadelphia United Methodist Church Family Night at Bruster’s, 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, April 9, at Bruster’s on Hwy. 160. Tips, donations, and a percentage of the sales will benefit the Philadelphia UMC Kenya Mission Trip.
• Softball Tournament Fundraiser, Friday and Saturday, April 12-13, at Leroy Springs Complex. Men and women’s teams can register for $175; all money goes to the Philadelphia United Methodist Church Kenya Mission Trip. To register, contact Cindi Cahaly at 803-493-5440 or.
• Italian Idol auditions, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, April 13, at the St. Philip Neri Parish Center, Fort Mill. For more information, go to www.SPNitalianfestival.org.
• Bike/Classic Auto Poker Run, to benefit Operation Homefront 11 a.m. Wednesday, April 13, starting at the Fort Mill VFW. Cost is $15 a person/$25 a couple. After the run enjoy dinner and live music at the VFW. For more information, go to www.operationhomefront.net.
• Spring Fling, Saturday, April 20, a Mothers and Fathers Day event at PAWsibilities Thrift Shop, 4114 Carolina Place Drive, Fort Mill. Refreshments and door prizes.
• Underexposed Film Series presents “My Man Godfrey,” 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 20, at the Community Performance Center on Main Street in Rock Hill. “My Man Godfrey,” a comedy and romance from 1936, will last 94 minutes and is rated G for all audiences. Tickets are $6 per person, and may be purchased online at www.yorkcountyarts.org, through the Arts Council’s box office at 803-328-2787, or at the door the night of the screening. Doors open at 7 p.m.
• Cause for the Paws, 6 p.m. Thursday, April 25, at the Long Branch Club in Rock Hill. For adults 21 and over, pre-sold tickets are $20 each or $30 per couple, and include a one-day offer of half-price Long Branch membership, 2 wings from each restaurant, and 1 non-alcoholic beverage. Other activities during the evening include a Wing War, silent auction, music from local artists, drink specials, mechanical bull rides, and karaoke. For more information, go to www.humanesocietyofyorkcounty.org.
The Taste of Fort Mill, 2013 is a premiere event highlighting the culinary diversity of local purveyor of food & wine, for charity. Proceeds from the event support The Palmetto School, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing a safe educational experience for SC most vulnerable children. The Event will take place April 26, 2013, 7-11 pm @ Springfield Golf course Pavilion, rain or shine.
• Higher Ground Church American Bandstand, 7 p.m. Saturday, April 27, at Higher Ground Church in Fort Mill. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m., and the FireStarters youth performers will present songs from the 1970s and 1980s. Tickets for ages 12 and older are $12, and show-only tickets are $8. For more information and to order tickets, call 802-3189.
• Ballroom dance classes, 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays through April 30, Lake Wylie YMCA, 4036 Charlotte Hwy. Dances include Rumba, Cha Cha, Mumbo, Salsa, Waltz, Foxtrot, Merengue, Bolero, Tango and Shag. You do not have to be a member of the Y to join. Cost is $10 per person per night. 803-831-1888.
• Fort Mill VFW breakfast, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month. Breakfast costs $6 and includes pancakes, bacon, sausage, fruit and coffee and is open to the public. The VFW is located at 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. For information, call 547-5480 or go to www.vfw9138.org.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 548-7252.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 and includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. For details, call 285-1502.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. or Wednesdays at 10 and 11 a.m. at the Del Web Library in Indian Land. No registration is required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 547-4114 to register.
Once Upon a Lap, Stories, songs, activities and play time for infants and their caregivers will be held at 10 a.m. Mondays at 10 a.m. for pre-walkers (up to 12 months old) and at 11 a.m. for walkers (13- to 24 months old) at Fort Mill Library. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Carolina Pilates, offers free Pilates mat classes on the second Saturday of every month at 9 a.m. Space is limited. To reserve a spot, call Terry at 548-8775.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for non-members. Call 704-899-5000.
• Summer reading, for adults, Fort Mill Public Library. After reading or listening to three books, adults will be entered into drawings for prizes from local businesses. For details, visit www.yclibrary.org or call the library at 803-547-4114.
Teen Summer Reading Club, for rising sixth-12th graders. The club has an arts theme, “Express Yourself at your Library.” After reading a total of 15 hours, teens will be eligible to enter drawings for prizes from Woody’s Music, GameStop, Best Buy and more. For details, visit www.yclibrary.org or call 803-547-4114.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.