A list of fun things to do in our area
DON’T MISS THIS!
• Free concert, The band Decarlo, featuring Fort Mill resident Tommy Decarlo of legendary rock band BOSTON and his son Tommy Jr., will be performing at Beef ‘O’Brady’s Sports Pub on Market Street in Baxter Village at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Free.
• The Fort Mill Community Playhouse, presents “Becky’s New Car” through April 28. Shows are 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $13 for students and those over 65. Tickets can be purchased at Crossings on Main with cash or check, or make reservations online at FortMillPlayhouse.org. Call 548-8102 for more information. • Cause for the Paws, 6 p.m. Thursday at the Long Branch Club in Rock Hill. For adults 21 and over, pre-sold tickets are $20 each or $30 per couple, and include a one-day offer of half-price Long Branch membership, two wings from each restaurant, and one non-alcoholic beverage. Other activities include a Wing War, silent auction, music from local artists, mechanical bull rides and karaoke. For more information, go to humanesocietyofyorkcounty.org.
• The Taste of Fort Mill, 7-11 p.m. Friday at Springfield Golf Course Pavilion. A premiere event highlighting the culinary diversity of local purveyors of food and wine for charity. Proceeds from the event support The Palmetto School. Rain or shine.
• Crooner Mitch Franco, performs 8 p.m. Friday at the Sylvia Theater in York. Opening acts are Singers, Carson Hill, Anna Cibbarelli and Billy Patterson. Tickets are $10 and proceeds benefit the Make a Wish Foundation. For tickets, go to etix.com.
• Women on the Homefront, a Civil War Sesquicentennial Commemoration Event, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday at the Springfield Plantation, 2207 Old Nation Road. Advanced tickets are on sale at the Fort Mill History Museum, and day-of tickets will be sold at the event entrance. Adult admission is $12, and children 7-18 are $7.
• Higher Ground Church American Bandstand, 7 p.m. Saturday at Higher Ground Church in Fort Mill. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m., and the FireStarters youth performers will present songs from the 1970s and 1980s. Tickets for ages 12 and older are $12, and show-only tickets are $8. For more information and to order tickets, call 802-3189.
• Carnevale in Venice, dance with DJ John 7-10 p.m. Saturday at the American Legion Hall, Post 43, 427 Banks Road Fort Mill. Sponsored by the Italian American Club of York County. Italian food and cash bar. Tickets are $20, call Kathy Schwandt at 802-8975 or Sal Durazzi at 803-746-7944.
• Silent Bingo, ASL Style April 29 at United Artisans Studio 213 Main St. in Fort Mill. If you know your alphabet and numbers up to 85 come on in for ASL Bingo. Admission is free, but prizes are “White Elephant” style. For details, visit HeartofFortMill.com.
• Book signing, by Dr. Robert D. Lesslie, author of “Angels in the ER,” 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 30, at the Del Webb Library, 7641 Charlotte Hwy (Hwy. 521), Indian Land. Call 548-9260 or go to dwfriends.org.
• Book signing by Fort Mill author Mignon Ballard, 10:30 a.m. Saturday, May 11, at the Del Webb Library, 7641 Charlotte Hwy (Hwy. 521), Indian Land. Call 548-9260 or go to dwfriends.org.
• Backyards and Beauty Spots, Come to the annual garden tour in historic downtown York Saturday, May 11. The day also includes a buffet lunch at the church parish hall, 108 E. Liberty St. There will be a plant sale, garden items available for purchase, and an art sale featuring works by local artists. The tour is open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Lunch is served 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Advance tickets are on sale through May 9. Tour tickets (lunch included) are $25; lunch-only tickets are $12. For reservations or information, call Jeanne Ferguson at 803-684-6020 or Diane Linkous at 803-684-4889. Checks payable to Good Shepherd ECW may be mailed to Good Shepherd, PO Box 437, York, SC 29745. You may pick up your tickets at the church, 108 E. Liberty St., the day of the tour.
• Fort Mill VFW breakfast, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month. Breakfast costs $6 and includes pancakes, bacon, sausage, fruit and coffee and is open to the public. The VFW is located at 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. For information, call 547-5480 or go to www.vfw9138.org.
• Once Upon a Lap, stories, songs, activities and play time for infants and their caregivers will be held at 10 a.m. Mondays at 10 a.m. for pre-walkers (up to 12 months old) and at 11 a.m. for walkers (13- to 24 months old) at Fort Mill Library. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.