A list of fun things to do in our area
DON’T MISS THIS!
• Mountain Music, with Jeff Robbins 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. Tuesday, June 18, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Learn about the history of instrument making in the Appalachian Mountains. For pre-K through fifth-graders and families. No registration required, but seating is limited.
• Book signing, with Marybeth Whalen 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Del Webb Library, 7641 Charlotte Hwy (Hwy. 521), Indian Land. For more information, call 548-9260 or go to dwfriends.org.
• Live music, 6 p.m. Thursday as the Anne Springs Close Greenway Summer Concert series kicks off with Cold River at the Dairy Barn, 288 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill. Admission is $3. Free for Greenway members. For more information, call 547-4575 or go to ASCGreenway.org.
• “Not Just another Love Story,” all month at NarroWay Theater, 3327 Hwy. 51 N., Fort Mill. World War II veterans admitted free. For more information, call 802-2300 or go to narroway.net.
• Rock Hill Shag Club’s Fiesta will be 8 p.m. Saturday at Celebrations at Ramada Inn. Steve Coley will deejay. Admission free for members, $5 for guests. For information, call Candy Long at 803-324-8756
• 16th Annual Juneteenth Festival, of the Carolinas returns to Charlotte 10 a.m.-10 p.m. June 13-16 in Independence Park. Admission is free. The Cultural Camp on Thursday begins at 10 a.m. and runs until 4 p.m.
• Drama camp, offered by the Fort Mill Community Playhouse will include four different options for youth this summer. Acting camps will be held June 17-21 in both morning and afternoon. The camp will be repeated Aug. 5-9 in the afternoon. A session on Technical Theater will be held June 24-28. Camps are limited to 20 participants for the acting camps and 10 for the technical camp. Registration forms and more detailed information can be found online at fortmillplayhouse.org. Those interested are encouraged to register as soon as possible; camps will be filled on a first come-first served basis.
• The Ag+Art Tour of Lancaster County will be 9 a.m.-6 p.m. June 22 and noon-5 p.m. June 23. The self-guided tour from Indian Land to Heath Springs will feature 25 locations. Go to AgandArtTourLC.com (read more on page 6B).
• Aesop’s Fantastic Fables Lee Bryan, “That Puppet Guy,” brings his handmade puppets to life with three of Aesop’s Fables: “The Tortoise and the Hare,” “The Lion and the Mouse,” and “The Boy Who Cried Wolf” 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. June 25 at the Fort Mill Public Library. No registration is required, but seating is limited.
• Shark Party Extravaganza Games, crafts and refreshments with a shark theme for rising sixth-12th graders will be offered 5-6:30 p.m. June 27 at the Fort Mill Public Library. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Bed Race 2013, sign up now for the United Way of Lancaster County’s fun fundraiser 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, on North Main Street. Team entry fee is $100. Register at uwaylcsc.org or call 803-283-8923.