A list of fun things to do in our area
Don’t miss this!
End of Summer Bash, 6 p.m. Saturday, in the parking lot of the Tega Cay Golf and Conference Center. Live music begins at 7 p.m.. Headliner Charity Case at 8 p.m. Food, fun and more.
• Memory Lane Cruisers cruise-in, 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 29, at Barry’s Classic Grille, 683 Hwy. 9 bypass E., Lancaster. There will be door prizes, games and 50/50 drawing. For more information, call Paul Kay at 803-804-2329 or Don Phipps 803-283-2440.
• Adult Crochet Class, 9:15-10:45 a.m. at The Fort Mill Branch YMCA now until Sept. 17. Registrants on the advanced level will crochet a Christmas Holly Table Runner. $40 for members and $45 for non-members (supplies not included). Call 548-8020 to register.
• Farmer’s Market, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, 121 Monroe St., at the corner of Confederate Street, Fort Mill.
• Live music, seven local bands will pay tribute to the late musician Dave Fugman and benefit the American Diabetes Association at a memorial concert 2-10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, hosted by The Trap bar and grill, 1923 Westinghouse Blvd., Charlotte. Admission is $10 per person, $15 per couple. Food and beverages will be available. For more information, contact John Haldenwang at 951-837-0008.
• Celebrate Van Wyck Festival, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7. Vendors, food, games, music, pony rides, gem mining and more.
• Friends Concert, 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15, presented by EMK Music and the Lancaster County Council for the Arts at 201 W. Gay St., Lancaster. Classical works by Haydn, Debussy, Manfredini and others.
• Arts and crafts fair, Grace Presbyterian Church, 2955 Hwy 160 West, Fort Mill, will host an arts and crafts fair 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19.
• Rent a kayak at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 548-7252.
• New exhibit, thanks to W.B. (Jake) Ardrey’s quick thinking, photographs, scrapbooks and speeches from 1916-1934 are on public display at Fort Mill History Museum. Most of the letters and scrapbook information detail the brave sacrifice of Fort Mill National Guard soldiers who served in France and Belgium during the latter years of World War I. Call 802-3646 or go to fortmillhistorymuseum.org.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family-friendly.
A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12, includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. For details, call 803-285-1502.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. or Wednesdays at 10 and 11 a.m. at the Del Web Library in Indian Land. No registration is required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for non-members. Call 704-899-5000.