FORT MILL — [z_message]
A quick start off the blocks has put the Fort Mill Yellow Jackets swim team in a good position.
After winning the Yellow Jacket Invitational at the Augusta Aquatics Center in Augusta, Ga., by beating 18 other teams, Fort Mill came home to open its Region III-AAAA schedule by beating Clover handily.
The Jackets’ boys beat Clover 113-57, while the Lady Jackets beat Clover 116-54.
Fort Mill won four of the six team relays and 11 of the 16 events.
Individual winners for the Jackets were:
• Michelle Case – girls’ 200-yard freestyle and 500-yard freestyle.
• Zach Piedt – boys’ 200-yard freestyle and 100-yard butterfly.
• Madison Little – girls’ 200-yard individual medley and 100-yard freestyle.
• Meg Wiggins – girls’ 100-yard butterfly and 100-yard backstroke.
• Jacob Kohlhoff – boys’ 100-yard freestyle and 100-yard backstroke.
• Ben Fenwick – boys’ 500-yard freestyle.
In the Yellow Jacket Invitational, the girls’ team won easily 129-71 over host North Augusta; the boys’ team was a little closer, winning 109.5-89.5 over Mauldin.
Individual winners for Fort Mill were:
• Jacob Kohlhoff – boys’ 200 and 500-yard freestyle.
• Zach Piedt – boys’ 100-yard freestyle and 200-yard individual medley.
• Meg Wiggins – girls’ 100-yard butterfly.
Fort Mill also won four relay events at the Yellow Jacket Invitational.