• Special charity sale, at Belk’s in Pineville, N.C., to benefit Friends of the Del Webb Library now-Nov. 9. This sale offers special sales on rarely discounted brands. Anyone can participate and help fund special programs at the Del Webb Library, such as Storytime, Summer Reading Programs, the Art Program, and more. Buy a $5 ticket to this event and all proceeds immediately go to the Friends of the Del Webb Library. You also get a $5 coupon to use for purchases at any Belk store during the Charity Sale hours. Tickets are available at the front desk of the Del Webb Library in Indian Land.
• Allison Creek Bluegrass, 6:30. Thursday at Allison Creek Church on Hwy. 274, York. Cabin Creek featured. Family friendly. Free. Food for sale. For more, go to allisoncreekbluegrass.com.
• Awesome Autumn, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Nov. 7-Nov. 21 at the Frt Mill Library. Leaves change colors, warm sweaters come out, and the weather is cooler – celebrate autumn with stories, crafts, and games. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Bourbon & Bowties reception, 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday in the museum gallery to kick off the Between the Springmaid Sheets exhibit. Call 802-3646 or go to info@FortMillHistoryMuseum.org.
• Between the Springmaid Sheets, exhibit will open Friday at the Fort Mill History Museum, 310 North White St., Fort Mill. Between the Springmaid Sheets is a look at the daring and controversial ad campaign created by Col. Elliott White Springs of Springs Industries that launched Springs Cotton Mill into the national limelight in the 1940s. The exhibit is comprised of selected original illustrations by internationally famous artists and illustrators such as James Montgomery Flagg, Rockwell Kent, George Petty, and Clayton Knight. For more information, call 802-3646, email info@FortMillHistoryMuseum.org or stop by the museum.
• Fish Fry, 1-5 p.m. Saturday at the Fort Mill VFW, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Fried flounder, fresh slaw, hush puppies, French fries and sweet tea for $8 a plate. Eat in or take out. Call 547-5480 to place an order.
• Barbecue and bluegrass, featuring the Hinson Girls 5-6 p.m. Saturday at Glenrock Baptist Church, 1815 Doby Bridge Road. Fort Mill. $10 for food and music, or $7 for chopped pork plate only, or $5 just for the music. Proceeds benefit church mission trips. For more information, call 547-6420.
• Reduce stress, and bring out your inner artist 1-3:30 p.m. Saturday at the Fort Mill Library with Zentangle, a meditative process of creating art that combines repetitive patterns of simple shapes and lines to make intricate, interesting artwork. Registration required. Call 547-4114.
• Holiday Vendor Blender Benefit, 2-5 p.m. Sunday. With more than 30 exhibitors, the Beta Sigma Phi Sorority of Fort Mill will present this public event at Baxter YMCA. From arts and crafts, to jewelry, holiday gift ideas, food, and more, the Vendor Blender will provide area residents the opportunity to shop for all types of merchandise, services and holiday gifts. Proceedswill benefit the Angel Tree and Pick A Feather program. A few booth spots remain. Call Heather Cromwell at 803-212-8137 or Elena Bowen at 803-517-5356.
• Veteran’s Day program, 10:30 a.m. Monday at Veteran’s Park on East. White Street in downtown Fort Mill.
• Book Clubs for Adults, Nov. 12-21 various times at the Fort Mill Library. Meet with other book lovers for a lively discussion. Call 547-4114 to register and reserve a copy of the book for these groups: “The Kitchen House” by Kathleen Grissom; “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed; and “The Hundred-Foot Journey” by Richard C. Morais.
• Duct Tape Art, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Nov. 14. Learn the many uses of duct tape and make a duct tape bookmark, wallet, and/or picture frame. For kids in grades three-five. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Barbecue sale, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 16 at Osceola United Methodist Church, 6575 Charlotte Hwy., south of Indian Land. Pork or Chicken plates $8, pound pork $8, half a chicken $5. All proceeds support scholarships in memory of Sara Leaphart and Bobby Wilson. Call 803-417-2258.
• Fifth annual Van Wyck Community Development Club Christmas Parade and Candy Toss, noon, Saturday, Dec. 7, in front of Van Wyck Christmas Post Office at the corner of Old Hickory and Steele Hill Roads. It ends at the Van Wyck Community Center, where Santa will be on the Van Wyck Fire Department. truck. To sign up a float, see Betty George at the Post Office or contact Pat Oglesby at 803-285-8196 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 25.
• “Lighting of the Way,” 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, at the Van Wyck Post Office.
Email your events to email@example.com.