Don’t Miss This
Fall Festival, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at GlenRock Baptist Church, 1815 Doby Bridge Road, Fort Mill. There will be crafts, vendors, silent auction, hot dog lunch and bake sale. Call 547-6420.
• Duct Tape Art, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Thursday. Learn the many uses of duct tape and make a duct tape bookmark, wallet, and/or picture frame. For kids in grades three-five. Call 547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, will hold a dance 7:30-10:20 p.m. Friday in the Oak Room of the Country Club Golf House, 101 Country Club Drive, Fort Mill. Dress code is dressy casual. All adult ages and skill levels are invited for Social Ballroom Dancing to music by DJ Rich Brausch. Dances are alcohol-free; non-alcoholic beverages are provided. Call Bob at 329-5764 or email email@example.com. The Holiday Dance will be Dec. 6. Go to theballroomdanceclub.com.
• Barbecue sale, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 16 at Osceola United Methodist Church, 6575 Charlotte Hwy., south of Indian Land. Pork or chicken plates $8, pound of pork $8, half a chicken $5. All proceeds support scholarships in memory of Sara Leaphart and Bobby Wilson. Call 803-417-2258.
• Book Clubs for Adults, Nov. 21 various times at the Fort Mill Library. Meet with other book lovers for a lively discussion. Call 547-4114 to register and reserve a copy of the book for these groups: “The Kitchen House” by Kathleen Grissom; “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed; and “The Hundred-Foot Journey” by Richard C. Morais.
• Awesome Autumn, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Nov. 21 at the Fort Mill Library. Celebrate autumn with stories, crafts, and games. For kids in grades K-2. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Holiday craft bazaar, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, hosted by Cub Scout Pack 219 at the Saint Philip Neri Parish Center, 292 Munn Road, Fort Mill. Local artists and crafters will display unique holiday hand-crafted gifts from wood working to pottery to basket weaving. There will be door prizes, child care and lunch from noon to 2 p.m. Bring a new toy, gift card donation or canned goods and receive another door prize ticket. To rent a booth, call Terrin Boddie at 548-9039.
• Tablet Petting Zoo, Are you planning to purchase a tablet during the upcoming holiday shopping season? Learn the basics about iPads, Kindles, Nexus and Nooks 3-5 p.m. Nov. 25 at the Fort Mill Library. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Dairy Barn Crafts Show, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 30, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway Dairy Barn, 250 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill. Information: 803-547-1169
• Senior Citizen’s Christmas Party, 1:30-3:30, Dec. 2-3, at Grace Presbyterian Church on Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. Seniors from across York County are welcome to enjoy live entertainment, refreshments, bingo a visit from Santa and more. For more information, call Janet Pritchard at 431-6120.
• Fifth annual Van Wyck Community Development Club Christmas Parade and Candy Toss, noon, Saturday, Dec. 7, in front of Van Wyck Christmas Post Office at the corner of Old Hickory and Steele Hill Roads. It ends at the Van Wyck Community Center, where Santa will be on the Van Wyck Fire Department. truck. To sign up a float, see Betty George at the Post Office or contact Pat Oglesby at 803-285-8196 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 25.
• Christmas tree lighting, 7 p.m. Dec. 5 in Confederate Park on Main Street, Fort Mill. Sing carols, meet Santa and enjoy hot cocoa.
• Tega Cay Christmas Tree Lighting, 6 p.m. Dec. 7, at the Glennon Center. Santa arrives at 6:15 p.m. and will be posing for photos next to the tree until 6:30, at which time he’ll move down to the Hearth Room to hear all the Christmas wishes from the younger kids. The FMHS Choral Concert begins at 6:30 p.m
• “Lighting of the Way,” 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, at the Van Wyck Post Office.
• Breakfast with Santa, 9-11 a.m. Dec. 14, hosted by the Fort Mill High School Dance Team at the school. $8 per guest. Great opportunity to take photos with Santa. The dance team will perform a holiday-themed program. Information: 803-548-1900
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 548-7252.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• Between the Springmaid Sheets, exhibit at the Fort Mill History Museum, 310 North White St., Fort Mill. Between the Springmaid Sheets is a look at the daring and controversial ad campaign created by Col. Elliott White Springs of Springs Industries that launched Springs Cotton Mill into the national limelight in the 1940s. The exhibit is comprised of selected original illustrations by internationally famous artists and illustrators such as James Montgomery Flagg, Rockwell Kent, George Petty, and Clayton Knight. For more information, call 802-3646, email info@FortMillHistoryMuseum.org or stop by the museum.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family-friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. or Wednesdays at 10 and 11 a.m. at the Del Web Library in Indian Land. No registration is required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for non-members. Call 704-899-5000.
• Summer reading, for adults, Fort Mill Public Library. After reading or listening to three books, adults will be entered into drawings for prizes from local businesses. For details, visit www.yclibrary.org.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to email@example.com.