Don’t Miss This
Bluegrass Travelers, closes out the 2013 Allison Creek Bluegrass program 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Allison Creek Presbyterian Church, 5780 Allison Creek Road, York. Family friendly. Free. Concessions for sale. For more information, go to allisoncreekbluegrass.com.
• Book Clubs for Adults, Nov. 21 various times at the Fort Mill Library. Meet with other book lovers for a lively discussion. Call 547-4114 to register and reserve a copy of the book for these groups: “The Kitchen House” by Kathleen Grissom; “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed; and “The Hundred-Foot Journey” by Richard C. Morais.
• Awesome Autumn, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Nov. 21 at the Fort Mill Library. Celebrate autumn with stories, crafts, and games. For kids in kindergarten to second grades. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Holiday craft bazaar, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, hosted by Cub Scout Pack 219 at the Saint Philip Neri Parish Center, 292 Munn Road, Fort Mill. Local artists and crafters will display unique holiday hand-crafted gifts from wood working to pottery to basket weaving. There will be door prizes, child care and lunch from noon to 2 p.m. Bring a new toy, gift card donation or canned goods and receive another door prize ticket. To rent a booth, call Terrin Boddie at 548-9039.
• Tablet Petting Zoo, Are you planning to purchase a tablet during the upcoming holiday shopping season? Learn the basics about iPads, Kindles, Nexus and Nooks 3-5 p.m. Monday at the Fort Mill Library. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Free garden class, 6:45 p.m. Monday hosted by the Tega Cay Beautification Committee in the lower level meeting room of the Glennon Community Center, 15083 Molokai Drive, Tega Cay. Everyone is invited no matter where they reside. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, email Jennifer Stalford at email@example.com or call Kline Whitehead at 704-287-7432.
• Dairy Barn Crafts Show, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 30, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway Dairy Barn, 250 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill. Information: 547-1169
• Seniors Christmas Party, 1:30-3:30, Dec. 2-3, at Grace Presbyterian Church on Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. Seniors from across York County are welcome to enjoy live entertainment, refreshments, bingo, a visit from Santa and more. For more information, call Janet Pritchard at 431-6120.
• Fifth annual Van Wyck Community Development Club Christmas Parade and Candy Toss, noon, Saturday, Dec. 7, in front of Van Wyck Christmas Post Office at the corner of Old Hickory and Steele Hill Roads. It ends at the Van Wyck Community Center, where Santa will be on the Van Wyck Fire Department truck. To sign up a float, see Betty George at the Post Office or contact Pat Oglesby at 803-285-8196 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 25.
• Christmas tree lighting, 7 p.m. Dec. 5 in Confederate Park on Main Street, Fort Mill. Sing carols, meet Santa and enjoy hot cocoa.
• Tega Cay Christmas Tree Lighting, 6 p.m. Dec. 7, at the Glennon Center. Santa arrives at 6:15 p.m. and will be posing for photos next to the tree until 6:30, at which time he’ll move down to the Hearth Room to hear all the Christmas wishes from the younger kids. The FMHS Choral Concert begins at 6:30 p.m
• “Lighting of the Way,” 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, at the Van Wyck Post Office.
• The York County Choral Society and Chamber Singers, presents “A Celebration of Carols” 4 p.m. Dec. 8, in Byrnes Auditorium at Winthrop University. Featuring Benjamin Britten’s Ceremony of Carols and concert settings of best loved carols of the Nativity, with the Rock Hill Elementary Honors Choir as special guests. Tickets are $15 general admission, $10 seniors 62+, $5 students with ID. For information call 547-2008 or got to yorkcountychoralsociety.org.
• Breakfast with Santa, 9-11 a.m. Dec. 14, hosted by the Fort Mill High School Dance Team at the school. $8 per guest. Great opportunity to take photos with Santa. The dance team will perform a holiday-themed program. Information: 803-548-1900
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 548-7252.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• Between the Springmaid Sheets, exhibit at the Fort Mill History Museum, 310 N. White St., Fort Mill. Between the Springmaid Sheets is a look at the daring and controversial ad campaign created by Col. Elliott White Springs of Springs Industries that launched Springs Cotton Mill into the national limelight in the 1940s. The exhibit is comprised of selected original illustrations by internationally famous artists and illustrators such as James Montgomery Flagg, Rockwell Kent, George Petty, and Clayton Knight. For more information, call 802-3646, email info@FortMillHistoryMuseum.org or stop by the museum.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family-friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. or Wednesdays at 10 and 11 a.m. at the Del Web Library in Indian Land. No registration is required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for non-members. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to email@example.com.