• Christmas tree lighting, 7 p.m. Dec. 5 in Confederate Park on Main Street, Fort Mill. Sing carols, meet Santa and enjoy hot cocoa.
• Arbor Day celebration, 1 p.m. Dec. 6 at the Living Memorial Gardens at 100 Shoreline Parkway, Tega Cay. A Serviceberry Tree will be planted in Memory of Bill Fenton. For more information, email Jennifer Stalford at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Kline Whitehead at email@example.com or 704-287-7432.
• The Ballroom Dance Holiday Dance, 7:30 to 10:20 p.m. Dec. 6 in the Oak Room of the Country Club Golf House, 101 Country Club Drive, Fort Mill. Dress well. All adult ages and skill levels are invited for social ballroom dancing. $10 a couple. Call Bob at- 329-5764 or Pat at 980-4000.
• Plants of Winter Interest, is this month’s First Friday in the Garden 11 a.m. Dec. 6. The free educational program will take place at the Glencairn Garden Learning Center, 835 Edgemont Ave., Rock Hill.
• Winter block party, and Red Rose Holiday Tour 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 7 at the corner of Main and Gay streets, Lancaster. Entertainment includes the Java Band, dance troupes, a Native American festival, Santa train and more. Crafts and other vendors. For information, contact Jimola Wade at 803-289-1494 or firstname.lastname@example.org or go to lancastercitysc.com.
• Fort Mill Christmas parade, 11 a.m. Dec. 7. The parade begins on Tom Hall Street and proceeds down Main to North White Street.
• Tega Cay Christmas Tree Lighting, 6 p.m. Dec. 7, at the Glennon Center. Santa arrives at 6:15 p.m. and will be posing for photos next to the tree until 6:30 p.m., at which time he’ll move down to the Hearth Room to hear all the Christmas wishes from the younger kids. The FMHS Choral Concert begins at 6:30 p.m.
• Fifth annual Van Wyck Community Development Club Christmas Parade and Candy Toss, noon, Saturday, Dec. 7, in front of Van Wyck Christmas Post Office at the corner of Old Hickory and Steele Hill Roads. It ends at the Van Wyck Community Center, where Santa will be on the Van Wyck Fire Department truck.
• “Lighting of the Way,” 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, at the Van Wyck Post Office.
• Cook-off and children’s Christmas musical, 5 p.m. Dec. 8 at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2955 Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill.
• The York County Choral Society and Chamber Singers, presents “A Celebration of Carols” 4 p.m. Dec. 8, in Byrnes Auditorium at Winthrop University. Featuring Benjamin Britten’s Ceremony of Carols and concert settings of best loved carols of the Nativity, with the Rock Hill Elementary Honors Choir as special guests. Tickets are $15 general admission, $10 seniors 62+, $5 students with ID. For information call 547-2008 or got to yorkcountychoralsociety.org.
• Grace Notes Choir Christmas Cantata, 7 p.m. Dec. 15 at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2955 Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. Nursery will be provided.
• Breakfast with Santa, 9-11 a.m. Dec. 14, hosted by the Fort Mill High School Dance Team at the school. $8 per guest. Great opportunity to take photos with Santa. The dance team will perform a holiday-themed program. Information: 803-548-1900.
• Casting call, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Dec. 15-16 at the Fort Mill Community Playhouse, 615 Banks St., for the March production “Welcome to Mitford.” Bring a resume and a list of conflict dates. Head shots or photos desirable, but not necessary. For more, go to fortmillplayhouse.org.
• WFBK Community Radio Christmas Concert, live music 8 p.m. Friday, Dec 20, at the Glennon Center in Tega Cay. Tickets are $10 at wfbk.org.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 548-7252.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• Between the Springmaid Sheets, exhibit at the Fort Mill History Museum, 310 N. White St., Fort Mill. Between the Springmaid Sheets is a look at the daring and controversial ad campaign created by Col. Elliott White Springs of Springs Industries that launched Springs Cotton Mill into the national limelight in the 1940s. The exhibit is comprised of selected original illustrations by internationally famous artists and illustrators such as James Montgomery Flagg, Rockwell Kent, George Petty, and Clayton Knight. For more information, call 802-3646, email info@FortMillHistoryMuseum.org or stop by the museum.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family-friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. or Wednesdays at 10 and 11 a.m. at the Del Web Library in Indian Land. No registration is required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for non-members. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to email@example.com.