• Dallas Brass, with a full complement of brass and percussion, will perform a musical travelogue through American history at 8 p.m. Jan. 9 at the Clover School District Auditorium. Tickets are $15 and available at the district auditorium or by calling 803-222-8018.
• “All that Drama,” a musical featuring local cast members, comes to South Pointe High School Jan. 9-12. Two acts, more than 30 songs and some meaningful storylines that capture the struggles of today’s teenagers as they look for ways to rise above “All That Drama.” South Pointe’s award winning drama teacher and director, Jimmy Chrismon, has prepared more than 30 students to deliver the emotion and inspiration in this two hour show. Tickets are $10 and $5 for students and available at the door only. For more information, go to allthatdrama.com.
• Prohibition Party, Jan. 11, courtroom at the Gettys Art Center, 201 E. Main St., Rock Hill, hosted by The Arts Council of York County. Sample wine, scotch, bourbon and beer. Dance to music by the jazz trio, Take Three. There will be a gourmet cheese buffet, light hors d’oeuvres and dessert. O’Darby’s Fine Wine & Spirits will have expert vendors on site. There will be an auction, including a rare PappyVan Winkle Family Reserve 20-year bourbon. Tickets: $50. Call 803-328-2787 or go to yorkcountyarts.org.
• Birding Walk, 9-10 a.m. Jan. 14, Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, 6500 S. New Hope Road, Belmont. Stroll through the gardens, Meadowood Walk and Persimmon Trail to scout for seasonal birds – observe nesting patterns and establish a basis for bird counts. Free with garden admission. Call 704-829-1252 or go to DSBG.org.
• Holiday sugar detox, new weight-loss program at the Baxter YMCA begins Jan. 16. To register, visit the YMCA or call Carol at 336-434-4545.
• The 2014 “Southern Sound Series,” kicks off Jan. 17 with the Steep Canyon Rangers, one of four Grammy winners to take the stage at the Culture & Heritage Museum’s Lowry Family Theater at the McCelvey Center. In 2013, the band’s album, “Nobody Knows You,” won a Grammy for best bluegrass album. Season tickets are $72 for members and $90 for nonmembers and will be offered through Jan. 17. Individual tickets are $20, members, and $25, nonmembers. Call 803-909-7313.
• Jessy Carolina & The Hot Mess, a New York City-based blues and jazz ensemble, will perform 7:30 p.m. Jan. 18 at the Community Performance Center, 249 E. Main St., Rock Hill. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 for Arts Council of York County members, $25 general admission. Tickets are $30 at the door. For more information, call the Arts Council of York County at 803-328-2787, email email@example.com, or visit yorkcountyarts.org.
• California Dreaming, 9 p.m. Jan. 28, Clover School District Auditorium, 1625 Hwy. 55 E., Clover. A dance tribute to an era that introduced the world to the good vibrations of love, peace and summertime fun. Tickets: $15. Call 803-222-8018 or go to clover.k12.sc.us.
• Dancing With the Stars Fort Mill, 7 p.m. Feb. 22 at the Glennon Community Center in Tega Cay. Tickets for $100 include dinner; $50 for show-only. All proceeds help fund local middle school sports. For tickets and more information, go to fortmillathletics.com.
• Exhibit. “The First Carolinians: The Life & Times of the First Cultures in the Palmetto State,” through March 1, Fort Mill History Museum, 310 N. White St., Fort Mill. Call 802-3646 or go to fortmillhistorymuseum.org.
• Exhibit, “Inventing the Modern World: Decorative Arts at the World’s Fairs, 1851-1939” now through Jan. 19, at the Mint Museum Uptown in Charlotte. See about 200 examples of glass, furniture, jewelry, ceramics, precious metalwork and textiles displayed at the world’s fairs between London’s Great Exhibition of the Works of Industry of All Nations in London in 1851 and New York’s World’s Fair in 1939. Admission: $10, adults; free to children younger than age 18 with paying adult. Call 704-337-2011 or go to mintmuseum.org.
• Exhibit, “Bearing Witness: The New York Photo League and Sonia Handelman Meyer,” through June 29, Mint Museum Randolph, 2730 Randolph Road, Charlotte. Made up of about 100 photographs from Photo League members.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 548-7252.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family-friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held on Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. or Wednesdays at 10 and 11 a.m. at the Del Web Library in Indian Land. No registration is required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for non-members. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to firstname.lastname@example.org.