This edition of the Fort Mill Times is missing.
• Ernest Fuller’s 25 points led the Fort Mill High School boys’ basketball team to 67-46 win over Great Falls. The Jackets improved its record to 8-0.
• The Fort Mill High School Marching Band received an invitation to perform at Disney World.
• The congregation of Philadelphia United Methodist Church, the area’s oldest Methodist Church, welcomed its new minister, the Rev. Woody Wiggins.
• A report to the Fort Mill School District indicated that the new cafeteria at Fort Mill High School would open later this month.
• Sen. W. Bruce Williams of Lancaster County introduced a bill to annex Fort Mill Township into Lancaster County.
• Luther G. Patterson was sworn in as mayor of Fort Mill. Patterson was mayor for 18 years but did not run in the previous election.
• The doors of Blackmon Drug Store were closed, leaving Fort Mill with one drug store for the first time in many years.
• Farmers welcomed the rain following a long drought.
• Requirements for making the honor roll at the Fort Mill Graded School were 95 percent on studies, deportment and attendance.
• Those making the honor roll included Louise Patterson, Edward Kimbrell, William Grier and Kathleen Armstrong.
Compiled by Chip Heemsoth, a lifelong resident of Fort Mill.