• Audtions, for York County Choral Society, 6-6:45 p.m. Jan. 23 at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1320 India Hook Road, Rock Hill. Details: Dr. Kinsey, 803-323-2250 or 704-591-5147.
• Affordable Care Act: Questions and Answers, 1 p.m. Jan. 23 at the Fort Mill Library. A certified application counselor will explain the Affordable Care Act, who qualifies, and how to use the Health Insurance Marketplace to find coverage. Those who have insurance and want to learn more also are invited. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Learn to Use Your E-reader, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Jan. 24 at the Fort Mill Library. Did you receive a Kindle, Nook or other e-reader this holiday season but aren’t sure how to download a book? Bring your device and your laptop, if you have one, and get help from experienced staff. Make sure the device is fully charged and bring all necessary cables and passwords. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Book sale, Jan. 23-24 for Friends of the York County Library at the Oratory, 434 Charlotte Ave., Rock Hill. Thousands of books for all ages will be sold at $2 per inch, measuring the height of the book stack. Videos, DVDs and audiobooks also will be available. Details: 803-981-5837 or www.yclibrary.org.
• Fort Mill Community Playhouse, open house/member drive 7 p.m. Jan. 25. Everyone invited. Live auction, silent auction, entertainment and free food and drinks. The Playhouse is at 615 Banks St., Fort Mill. Call 548-8102.
• California Dreaming, 9 p.m. Jan. 28, Clover School District Auditorium, 1625 Highway 55 E., Clover. A dance tribute to an era that introduced the world to the good vibrations of love, peace and summertime fun. Tickets: $15. Call 803-222-8018 or go to clover.k12.sc.us.
• Free gardening class, hosted by the Tega Cay Beautification Committee, 6:45 p.m. Jan. 27 at the Glennon Community Center at 15083 Molokai Drive, Tega Cay. This month’s topic is “Crape Myrtle Pruning.” Everyone is invited. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kline at 704-287-7432.
• Charity Super Bowl Social, 5 p.m. Feb. 2 in the Baxter Village Hall Clubhouse. Fine foods and service provided by the staff at Johnson & Wales. Special guests, an auction for everything from Apple products to adventure trips and more. Proceeds benefit First Tee of Charlotte and the Rock Hill Boxing Academy. Tickets are $100. To purchase, call Vince at 803-493-9713.
• “Till Death Do Us Part,” the Tega Cay Lions host a murder-mystery dinner theater production 7-10 p.m. Feb. 14 in the Glennon Center Ballroom. Tickets are $60 per person; 100 percent of proceeds benefit the Lions’ various programs to prevent blindness. To reserve seats, call Hope MacBride at 803-547-0974.
• Dancing With the Stars Fort Mill, 7 p.m. Feb. 22 at the Glennon Community Center in Tega Cay. Tickets for $100 include dinner; $50 for show-only. Proceeds help fund local middle school sports. For tickets and more information, go to fortmillathletics.–com.
• Exhibit, “The First Carolinians: The Life & Times of the First Cultures in the Palmetto State,” through March 1, Fort Mill History Museum, 310 N. White St., Fort Mill. Call 802-3646 or go to fortmillhistorymuseum.org.
• Exhibit, “Bearing Witness: The New York Photo League and Sonia Handelman Meyer,” through June 29, Mint Museum Randolph, 2730 Randolph Road, Charlotte. Made up of about 100 photographs from Photo League members.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 548-7252.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Del Web Library in Indian Land. No registration required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to email@example.com.