• This edition of the Fort Mill Times is missing.
• Fort Mill’s Yellow Jackets were 14-0 after wins over Cowpens and Lancaster. The Indian Land Warriorettes were 11-0 after defeating Bethune.
• Miss Becky Nesbitt was performing at Raleigh’s Village Dinner Theater. She played the part of Mayor Shin’s daughter, Zaneeta, in “The Music Man.”
• The Drifters were set to perform as part of Sophomore Week at Winthrop College. Tickets were available for $2 and $2.50.
• Johnny Totherow, 7 and Teresa Dees, 8, won bicycles for their efforts in the Carothers Elementary School PTA Cookie Sale.
• Fort Mill received its first snowfall of the year when an inch of snow fell on the city. It was the first sticking snow since Feb. 26, 1952.
• The Fort Mill High School Beta Club sponsored a box supper, a first for the club, at Fort Mill High School.
• Sufficient money had been set aside for the improvement and enlargement of the flying field of Capt. E. W. Springs on Steele Creek Road.
• School teachers learned that the Legislature would increase the state’s part of teachers’ salaries.
• A new York County Court House was to be erected on the site of the present building at a cost $70,994.00.
• The new “moving picture show” the Majestic, opened to the people of the community in the Savings Bank building.
Compiled by Chip Heemsoth, a lifelong resident of Fort Mill.