• LPS casting call, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Jan. 30 at the Fort Mill Library. Bring three favorite Littlest Pet Shop friends to create YouTube videos with other LPS lovers (no children or names shown in videos). For third- to fifth-graders. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Dance open house, the Carolina Promenaders will host a western style square dancing and line dancing open house from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Shield of Faith Family Church, 2499 Firetower Road, Rock Hill. Free, open to the public. No experience required. Information: 803-328-0289.
• The Carolina Show Ski Team, is holding its annual membership meeting 1 p.m. Feb. 1 at Windjammer Park in Tega Cay. The CSST is a competitive, entertaining, family orientated team that performs water ski shows during the summer. Anyone interested is encouraged to attend. For more information, go to www.carolinashowskiteam.com or call Russ Frase at 704-363-5534.
• Charity Super Bowl Social, 5 p.m. Feb. 2 in the Baxter Village Hall Clubhouse. Fine foods and service provided by the staff at Johnson & Wales. Special guests, an auction for everything from Apple products to adventure trips and more. Proceeds benefit First Tee of Charlotte and the Rock Hill Boxing Academy. Tickets are $100. To purchase, call Vince at 803-493-9713.
• No Talent Required Painting Class, begins Feb 4, 6-8:30 p.m. at Holly’s Fine Art Studio, 3699 Harmony Road, Catawba. To sign up, call 803-389-3586 or email email@example.com.
• Blood drive, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 9 at Fort Mill Church of God, 221 Academy St., Fort Mill.
• Learn cake decorating, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Feb. 12, at the Gettys Art Center, 201 E. Main St., Rock Hill. Lunch is $10. RSVP to YCNreservations@yahoo.com. For more, go to www.newcomersofyorkcounty.org.
• “Till Death Do Us Part,” the Tega Cay Lions host a murder-mystery dinner theater production 7-10 p.m. Feb. 14 in the Glennon Center Ballroom. Tickets are $60 per person; 100 percent of proceeds benefit the Lions’ various programs to prevent blindness. To reserve seats, call Hope MacBride at 803-547-0974.
• Dancing With the Stars Fort Mill, 7 p.m. Feb. 22 at the Glennon Community Center in Tega Cay. Tickets for $100 include dinner; $50 for show-only. Proceeds help fund local middle school sports. For tickets and more information, go to fortmillathletics.–com.
• The Joy of Gardening Symposium, 8 a.m. March 1, sponsored by the Master Gardeners of York County at the Baxter Hood Center, York Technical College, in Rock Hill. Topics covered will range from the “Five Biggest Mistakes in Our Gardens and How to Fix Them” to “Organic Pest Management.” Nearly 20 vendors will offer plants, gardening books, pottery, jewelry and other items during the event. Registration deadline is Feb. 21. For more information, call Nancy Newman at 704-443-1366 or got to symposium.yorkmg.org.
• Exhibit, “The First Carolinians: The Life & Times of the First Cultures in the Palmetto State,” through March 1, Fort Mill History Museum, 310 N. White St., Fort Mill. Call 802-3646 or go to fortmillhistorymuseum.org.
• Exhibit, “Bearing Witness: The New York Photo League and Sonia Handelman Meyer,” through June 29, Mint Museum Randolph, 2730 Randolph Road, Charlotte. Made up of about 100 photographs from photo league members.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 548-7252.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Del Web Library in Indian Land. No registration required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to theballroomdanceclub.com
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to email@example.com.