• Learn cake decorating, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Feb. 12, at the Gettys Art Center, 201 E. Main St., Rock Hill. Lunch is $10. RSVP to YCNreservations@yahoo.com. For information, go to www.newcomersofyorkcounty.org.
• Valentine’s Day Celebration and fundraiser, 8-10 p.m. Feb. 14, at Dance Center USA, 855 Gold Hill Road, Fort Mill. Three-course candlelight dinner with wine, dance show and salsa line dance for everyone. Tickets are $70 per couple and $35 per person. Proceeds benefit Fort Mill middle school sports. To purchase tickets, go to DanceCenterUSA.com or call 704-819-7170.
• Spare the animals, bowling fundraiser for the Humane Society of York County, 3 p.m. Feb. 15, at Strikers in Rock Hill. Up to five on a lane. Register at humanesocietyofyorkcounty.org or call 704-287-6475.
• Even dinosaurs say ‘I love you,’ kids in kindergarten to second grade can celebrate Valentine’s Day with fun dinosaur stories and crafts 3:30-4:30 Feb. 13, at the Fort Mill Public Library. To register, call 547-4114. For more about the library and upcoming programs, go to www.yclibrary.org.
• ‘ Red and White Ball,’ 7 p.m. Feb. 14 at the Jerusalem Community Center, 1003 Steele St., Fort Mill. Dinner and dancing. Semi-formal attire preferred. Adults only. Tickets are $25 per person.
• Daddy/Daughter Dance, 6-8 p.m. Feb. 13, at the Dairy Barn on the Anne Springs Close Greenway. The cost is $30/couple; additional daughters are $12 each. Registration requested. The theme is country/western. 547-1020. ASCGreenway.org
• Discuss “My Korean Deli: Risking it all for a Convenience Store” by Ben Ryder Howe 3 p.m. Feb. 20 at the Fort Mill Public Library. Call 547-4114 to register and reserve a copy of the book.
• AARP Drivers Safety Class, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 20, at Unity Presbyterian Church, 303 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill. For drivers 26 years and older. Participants will receive a certificate that may reduce insurance rates on collision and liability. You do not have to be a member of AARP to attend. Call Gene R. Esaroveat 547-4553 to register.
• Spaghetti dinner and online auction, 5-8 p.m. Feb. 21, at Unity Presbyterian Church in Fort Mill to benefit the the Fort Mill Middle School Athletic Booster organization. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Safe boating course, begins 1-3 p.m. Feb. 23, at the Tega Cay Marina. Conducted by the Tega Cay Marina. The cost is $35, plus $10 for additional family members. For more information, go to wow.uscgaux.info or call Tony Esposito at 704-576-0821.
• Children's consignment sale, Feb. 27-March 1 at Harrison United Methodist Church is located at 15008 Lancaster Hwy, Pineville, N.C. Great deals on gently used clothing for kids, as well as equipment, bedding, toys, furniture, cribs, strollers, gently used car seats and more. Volunteer two hours and get $5 off registration and deep discounts on items. To consign or for more information go to www.humcfaithcircle.org or email email@example.com.
• The Joy of Gardening Symposium, 8 a.m. March 1, sponsored by the Master Gardeners of York County at the Baxter Hood Center, York Technical College, in Rock Hill. Topics covered will range from the “Five Biggest Mistakes in Our Gardens and How to Fix Them” to “Organic Pest Management.” Nearly 20 vendors will offer plants, gardening books, pottery, jewelry and other items during the event. Registration deadline is Feb. 21. For more information, call Nancy Newman at 704-443-1366 or got to symposium.yorkmg.org.
• Exhibit, “The First Carolinians: The Life & Times of the First Cultures in the Palmetto State,” through March 1, Fort Mill History Museum, 310 N. White St., Fort Mill. Call 802-3646 or go to fortmillhistorymuseum.org.
• Exhibit, “Bearing Witness: The New York Photo League and Sonia Handelman Meyer,” through June 29, Mint Museum Randolph, 2730 Randolph Road, Charlotte. Made up of about 100 photographs from photo league members.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 548-7252.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Del Web Library in Indian Land. No registration required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to theballroomdanceclub.com
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to email@example.com.