• Tega Cay Beautification, 9 a.m. March 5 on the walking trail, starting at Trailhead Park. Help needed to trim low branches and cut back side growth. Tools needed: gloves, water bottle, loppers, bypass pruners, extension pruning saw, and pruning saw. Volunteers and new members are needed. Email email@example.com or call Kline at 704-287-7432.
• “Annie Get Your Gun,” presented by the Nation Ford High School Drama Department March 6-9 at 7:30 p.m. with a 3 p.m. Sunday matinee. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students. Sunday tickets are $5 for students.
• Book discussions, at the Fort Mill Library. 1 p.m. March 10 it’s “Forgotten Garden” by Kate Morton. 5:30 March 11, discuss “The Rest of her Life” by Laura Moriarty. To reserve books and for more information, call 547-4114.
• Partners in Business health and wellness fair, will be 8 a.m.-noon March 12 in the Palmetto Room in downtown Rock Hill. The event includes health screenings, health information and door prizes. Free admission.
• “Welcome to Mitford,” a Fort Mill Community Playhouse production opens March 13 and continues to March 23. Show times are 7:30 p.m. with a 3 p.m. matinee March 23. Tickets $15 and $13 for students and seniors age 65 and older. Purchase tickets at fortmillplayhouse.org, Tega Cay Pharmacy at 729 Crossroads Plaza or by calling 548-8102.
• Superhero Tryouts, 3:30-4:30 p.m. March 13 at the Fort Mill Library. Children in kindergarten to second grades can complete challenges to become a superhero and earn a superhero certificate, trading card, name and superpower. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Drivers Safety Class, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. March 18 at the Complex on the Greenway on Tom Hall Street (Hwy. 160 East), Fort Mill. For ages 26 years and older. Participants will receive a certificate which may reduce insurance rates on collision and liability. You do not have to be a member of AARP to attend. Call Donald Hunt 329-4405 to register.
• “Legally Blonde,” on stage March 27-April 2 in the Fort Mill High School auditorium.
• Southern Sweet Tea and Pearls, a traditional Southern tea hosted by the York County Woman’s Club, will be 2 p.m. April 12 at the home of Judy McCardle, 471 Lakeside Drive, Rock Hill. Tickets are $25. For reservations, call Judy at 803-493-6530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds benefit Safe Passage and Tender Hearts.
• Fifth annual S.C. Strawberry Festival Pageant, 7:30 p.m. April 25 in the Nation Ford High School Auditorium. For tickets, go to SCStrawberryFestival.com.
• Exhibit, “The First Carolinians: The Life & Times of the First Cultures in the Palmetto State,” through March 1, Fort Mill History Museum, 310 N. White St., Fort Mill. Call 802-3646 or go to fortmillhistorymuseum.org.
• Exhibit, “Bearing Witness: The New York Photo League and Sonia Handelman Meyer,” through June 29, Mint Museum Randolph, 2730 Randolph Road, Charlotte. Made up of about 100 photographs from photo league members.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 548-7252.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Del Web Library in Indian Land. No registration required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email email@example.com or go to theballroomdanceclub.com.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to firstname.lastname@example.org.