• ‘ Legally Blonde,’ on stage 7 p.m., April 3-5 in the Fort Mill High School auditorium. Tickets can be purchased at the door. The cost is $8 for students and $15 for adults.
• Live bluegrass, as Allison Creek Bluegrass welcomes Timber Ridge 7 p.m. April 3, at Allison Creek Presbyterian Church, 5780 Allison Creek Road York. Free. Doors open at 6 p.m. Food concessions available.
• Fight the pests, See a strange critter in your garden but don’t know if it’s friend or foe? Plan on attending First Friday in the Garden, 11 a.m. April 4 when Clemson Extension Agent Paul Thompson will discuss “Common Landscape Pests” at the Glencairn Garden Learning Center, 835 Edgemont Ave., Rock Hill. Free.
• Community yard sale, 7 a.m.-2 p.m. April 5, to benefit the Fort Mill High School Band in the FMHS parking lot. Thousands of items including DVDs, books, sporting equipment, tools, children’s toys and furniture will be available for purchase rain or shine. For more, go to fortmillhsband.com.
• Beautify Tega Cay, at a community work day 9-11 a.m. April 8, at Turner Field. Pruning, cleaning and weeding. Everyone is welcome. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kline at 704-287-7432.
• Easter Eggstravaganza Egg Hunt, 1 p.m. April 5 at Walter Elisha Park, downtown Fort Mill, hosted by Lifepointe Christian Church. 30,000 eggs to be discovered by children 11 and younger. Baskets provided. Register at noon or online at www.lifepointecc.com.
• Spring concert, by Carol Edmond 2:30 p.m. April 6 at Unity Presbyterian Church, 303 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill. Free. Donations accepted. Light refreshments will be served. Traditional Irish tunes, Bach, Ginastera, Mendez, and more.
• Fort Mill History Day Celebration, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 12-13 at Walter Elisha Park. Experience the sights and sounds of Revolutionary War Gen. Thomas Sumter’s encampment recreated by The New Acquisition Militia, and a Civil War encampment re-enacted by the 6th South Carolina Volunteers. See what camp life was like for a World War I soldier, and soldiers of World War II and a replica of the H.L. Hunley, a Confederate Civil War submarine. Free. For more information, call 802-3646, email email@example.com or go to fortmillhistorymuseum.org.
• Southern Sweet Tea and Pearls, a traditional Southern tea hosted by the York County Woman’s Club, will be 2 p.m. April 12 at the home of Judy McCardle, 471 Lakeside Drive, Rock Hill. Tickets are $25. For reservations, call Judy at 803-493-6530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds benefit Safe Passage and Tender Hearts.
• Fifth annual S.C. Strawberry Festival Pageant, 7:30 p.m. April 25 in the Nation Ford High School auditorium. For tickets, go to SCStrawberryFestival.com.
• Auditions, for the annual St. Philip Neri Italian Festival Italian Idol talent contest 7:30 p.m. April 26. Cash prizes, trophies, and other prizes will be given for first, second and third in two age divisions (7-13 and 14 and older). To schedule an audition go to SPNitalianfestival.org. or call 803-370-0600
• Exhibit, “Bearing Witness: The New York Photo League and Sonia Handelman Meyer,” through June 29, Mint Museum Randolph, 2730 Randolph Road, Charlotte. Made up of about 100 photographs from photo league members.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 548-7252.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Del Web Library in Indian Land. No registration required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email email@example.com or go to theballroomdanceclub.com.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to firstname.lastname@example.org.