Sign up for VBS
• “Noah’s Ark” is the theme of Riverview Presbyterian Church vacation Bible school 6-8 p.m. July 20-24. It will be held jointly with Fort Mill Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
Teachers and characters for Bible stories are needed. To volunteer or to register children, contact Debbie Moore, 803-207-1715 or 803-547-7314. Riverview Presbyterian Church is located at at the corner of Sutton and Harris roads, Fort Mill.
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 501 Pine St., Fort Mill, will feature SonTreasure Island for four evenings, July 14-17. Each evening begins with dinner followed by Bible stories, crafts, music and other activities. For more information, call the church at 803-547-5968 or Ann Rankin at 704-517-6706.
• Workshop of Wonders – Imagine and Build with God is the vacation Bible school hosted by Crossroads Lutheran Church, 8511 Shelley Mullis Road, Indian Land, and Amazing Grace Lutheran Church, 416 W. North Main St., Waxhaw, N.C. It will be held at the Amazing Grace location 6-8:30 p.m. July 20-24, with a picnic at 6 p.m. July 25. Registration is open for pre-kindergarten through rising sixth-graders.
Registration fees are $20 per child or $15 per child for three or more in one family. Scholarships are available, if needed. Go to www.Crossroads-Lutheran.org or www.AmazingGraceLutheranNC.org for details and registration information.
• All Saints Lutheran Church, 17030 Lancaster Hwy., Charlotte, will have vacation Bible school, Painting a Promise, 6-8 p.m. July 14-17.
The evenings will begin with a light fellowship supper followed by entertaining lessons, crafts and activities. For information and free registration call the church secretary, Gail, at 704-752-4287. Go to allsaintslutheran.org.
• Jungle Safari vacation Bible school at Flint Hill Baptist Church, 269 Flint Hill Road, Fort Mill, 6-8:30 p.m. June 29-July 3 for ages 4 to rising sixth-graders. Registration begins at 5:30 on Sunday, June 29 or is available online at flinthillbc.org.
• Email your VBS information to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the first day.
GO Fish in concert July 18
Calvary Church, 5801 Pineville-Matthews Road, Charlotte, invites the community to experience popular Christian group GO Fish in concert 7 p.m. July 18 at 7 p.m. For more details, go to calvarychurch.com or call 704-341-5349.
Temple Solel meets at St. Philip Neri
Temple Solel, a Reform Jewish Congregation, holds Shabbat services and religious schooling at St. Phillip Neri Catholic Church, 292 Munn Road, Fort Mill.
Services are 7 p.m. the second and fourth Fridays of the month.
For information, including directions, go to templesolelsc.org, find Temple Solel on Facebook or call Russ Cobe at 803-619-9707.
Temple Kol Ami meets at Unity
Temple Kol Ami meets for services 7:30 p.m. the first and third Friday of each month at Unity Presbyterian Church, 303 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill.
Forever Friends meets monthly
Forever Friends is a praise and worship program for adults with disabilities and special needs ages 18 years and older. It is sponsored by Grace Community United Methodist Church and meets 6:30-8 p.m. the third Thursday of every month.
Grace Community Church is at 1190 Gold Hill Road in Fort Mill. Adults with disabilities or special needs are welcome to gather and socialize, sing songs, participate in group activities and just have fun. For details, call 803-548-4078.
Help with grieving
Ultimate Life Church on Carowinds Boulevard in Fort Mill offers support for people coping with losses in life such as divorce, death and unemployment.
Learn how to overcome the emotions that go with the loss and begin to function with joy in your life again. Groups meet 7 p.m. the first and fourth Fridays of each month.
For details, call Sandy Brazil at 803-329-1396.
Oak Initiative meets Mondays
The Fort Mill chapter of The Oak Initiative meets 7:30 p.m. Mondays at Heritage International Ministries, 375 Star Light Drive, Fort Mill.
The Oak Initiative is a nondenominational organization committed to unite, mobilize, equip and activate residents to engage in issues of our time from a biblical worldview.
For information, call 803-487-0220.
Community Cafe offers lunch
The Community Cafe offers free weekly lunches at Lake Wylie Lutheran Church at the corner of S.C. 160 West and Gold Hill Road in Fort Mill, near Tega Cay.
The cafe serves free lunches 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. every Friday. Donations are accepted.
For information, call Pastor Rammy Lybrand at 803-548-5489 or Donald Murfin at 330-289-1243.
Cookbook for sale
The United Methodist Women at Osceola United Methodist Church have recently published a cookbook, “A Taste of Friendship.” The cookbook is enclosed in a three-ring binder and is offered for sale for $15. To purchase, call Floy Ervin at 803-548-5404 or Loree Wolfe at 803-285-3719.
Community reading program
The United Churches of Fort Mill has organized “The Paradise Reading Center, Changing the lives of Families through Reading.” The objective is to improve literacy in the Fort Mill community.
The host site is Bethlehem Baptist Church, 601 Joe Louis St., Fort Mill, and the hours are 5-6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays. Volunteers are welcome.
For more information, contact Ollie Hicklin at 803-370-5169 or hicklino @fort-mill.k12.sc.us.
Adults needed for outreach
Young Life of York County is at work with teens in the community, providing leaders to help them make wise decisions.
Young Life is a Christian ministry committed to making an impact on kids’ lives and giving them hope for tomorrow. Founded in 1941, Young Life leaders build positive relationships with young people to model and communicate the truth about Jesus Christ. Young Life reaches suburban, urban and multicultural kids, as well as kids with disabilities and teenage mothers.
Call Nancy Manning at 803-547-4148 for details.
Crossroads men’s group
Lutheran Men in Mission is meeting at 9 a.m. at Crossroads Lutheran Church, 8511 Shelley Mullis Road, Indian Land, the first Saturday of each month.
Faith-based support for LGBT community available
Affirmation of York County is a newly-formed support group for people in faith communities who seek support and understanding for themselves and others in working through the issues confronted by gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people, their families and their friends.
Meetings are 7-8:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2955 S.C. 160 West, Fort Mill. People of all faiths are welcome. For information, call Ellen at 803-417-0954 or Melissa at 803-547-6042, or email email@example.com.
Flint Hill has clothes for needy
Flint Hill Baptist Church, 269 Flint Hill Road, Fort Mill, offers a Clothing Closet Ministry 9:30 a.m.-noon the second and fourth Monday of every month.
Adults’ and children’s clothes, shoes, linens and miscellaneous items are available. Details: 803-548-0672.
Bible study at Faith Fitness
Faith Fitness Studio in Fort Mill will hold a free Bible study called “Fit for Christ” every Tuesday 7-7:45 p.m.
For information, call 803-389-7600 or go to faithfitstudio.com.
ESL classes held
English as a Second Language classes meet 7 p.m. Tuesday nights at Flint Hill Baptist Church, 269 Flint Hill Road, Fort Mill.
Students are assessed and placed in a class based on their knowledge of English, from beginner to advanced. All classes are free and are for anyone who needs to learn to speak English. Call Barbara Garrison at 803-548-4611.
Call in a prayer
Fort Mill Church of the Nazarene, 109 Harris St., has a time of prayer 9:15 a.m. Sunday mornings for the nation, church and any prayer requests. Call in your prayer requests to the church office any time at 803-548-4633.
MOPS is for moms
Mothers of Preschoolers, an international, nondenominational Christian organization, meets at First Baptist Church, 121 Monroe White St., Fort Mill.
According to the group, “MOPS strives to create an environment where every mom can realize her beauty and importance from within – enriching the lives of their families.” Women with children through kindergarten meet bimonthly to encourage personal, social, and spiritual growth.
For more information, call the church office at 803-547-2051.
• An AWANA/break out at Lakeshore Christian Fellowship, 130 Shoreline Parkway, Tega Cay, for children ages 3 through fifth grade is held from 6:45 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. Wednesdays. For details, call Kathy Baden, children’s pastor, at 803-548-2755, ext. 24.
• The AWANA program at GlenRock Baptist Church, 1815 Doby’s Bridge Road in Fort Mill, is for kids in kindergarten through fifth grade from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sundays. For details, call 803-547-6420.
• AWANA meets at Westerly Hills Baptist Church, 1730 Doves Road, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Everyone is invited. Call 803-547-6150 for details.
• Higher Ground Church, 8365 Possum Hollow Road in Fort Mill, holds AWANA from 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Sundays. Details: 803-802-3189.
Kids program held on Sundays
GlenRock Baptist Church, 1915 Doby’s Bridge Road in Fort Mill, offers a Children’s Ministry Fellowship and Bible Time program from 6 to 7 p.m. every Sunday. The program, for ages 5 to fifth grade, includes games and snacks
Outreach Center has music classes
World Outreach Center Community Church, 130 Heritage Blvd., Fort Mill, offers a series of classes for Christian artists and musicians.
Holy Creativity classes will meet 6:30 p.m. Mondays. Songwriting I and Tiffy’s Art classes will meet 8:05 p.m. Mondays. The classes cost $150 each or two for $250. Also, two free classes will be offered: Power of Prayer at 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Equipping I at 8:05 p.m. Tuesdays. For details, call 803-414-5171 or visit worldoutreachcommunity.org.
Church offers medical equipment
Unity Presbyterian Church maintains a medical equipment supply closet with donated items such as wheelchairs, hospital beds, portable bedside commodes, toilet risers, shower chairs, walkers, crutches, canes and more. Call 803-547-5543.
Moms pray for students
Mom’s in Prayer (formerly Mom’s in Touch) meets 9 a.m. Thursdays to pray for local students. If you are interested in praying for your children in middle or high school, contact Marilyn Payton at 803-547-4520.
Send your faith news and photos (high-resolution JPEGs only, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org.